Wanting to buy a busa

speedfreak2010

Registered
Im wanting to purchase a busa ,Im back and forth between 08 models up or 08 down ,whats the pros and cons of each and was there any problems on the 08 models where they were the first year of the re design???thanks in advance for any replies,and hi to all on the site!!!

No problems with my '08. It all boils down to personal taste. I prefer the Gen 2 to the Gen 1. Yes there is a hp difference, but really, unless you are racing it you won't know the difference, and there is TONS of aftermarket for both Generations to bridge the gap.
There is the voltage regulator recall on the '08-up but that is also for darn near every suzuki sportbike on the market newer than '08 right now, so don't let that sway you.

It boils down to the new tail, or the old tail, since the front end isn't that much different. Plus I like the gauges on the Gen2 over the Gen1. Gear indicator is nice and so is shift light..
Good luck either way!! :beerchug:

Welcome to the oRg. The 08's had an ignition recall, nothing major, rectifier recall and thats about it. It really boils down to preference. I had both in my garage for a little while, and I dont care what anyone says, the Gen II has more grunt you can feel in the seat of your pants. I have never ridden anything as powerful as my 09 and and I rode my beloved 05 for 4 years. Sorry guys, there is a difference. Its like my Gen I was in B mode. :laugh:

Didn't even think of that TwoTone.. There is map switching on the fly with the Gen2, not on the Gen1..

If you get one, get a black one, they are undeniably faster.. :poke:

And I also forgot to :welcome: you to the org..

:welcome:
Yes the black ones are incredibly fast! As are the Silver, Orange and Blue. It took a bit of effort to pass each one on my white 09'...
No worries though...:whistle:

If you can stand the rear of the Gen 2 then go for it, I could not, so went with a Gen 1.

The Gen 2 gauges are better in my opinion, but I chose looks over function

If you can stand the rear of the Gen 2 then go for it, I could not, so went with a Gen 1.

The Gen 2 gauges are better in my opinion, but I chose looks over function

Sounds like a Harley rider.. :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Sorry, couldn't resist.. Back on topic.. :whistle:

Gen 2's are better bike, evolution does that to things, But you won't be disappointed in a gen1.

Droid Via Tapatalk

Welcome to the oRg. The 08's had an ignition recall, nothing major, rectifier recall and thats about it. It really boils down to preference. I had both in my garage for a little while, and I dont care what anyone says, the Gen II has more grunt you can feel in the seat of your pants. I have never ridden anything as powerful as my 09 and and I rode my beloved 05 for 4 years. Sorry guys, there is a difference. Its like my Gen I was in B mode. :laugh:

Gen2...loose clutch bolts too...no biggie.

Gen2 is by FAR the better bike!
Posted via Mobile Device

I like the looks alot of better of gen 2 ,I have found a 08 orange/black 3900 miles one owner for $8000,what do you guys think about the price???I feel its a little high but Im trying to find out the going prices!!!

Get two Busa with gen one tail is on my to do list. Than id be happy ha

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk

No problems with my '08. It all boils down to personal taste. I prefer the Gen 2 to the Gen 1. Yes there is a hp difference, but really, unless you are racing it you won't know the difference, and there is TONS of aftermarket for both Generations to bridge the gap.
There is the voltage regulator recall on the '08-up but that is also for darn near every suzuki sportbike on the market newer than '08 right now, so don't let that sway you.

It boils down to the new tail, or the old tail, since the front end isn't that much different. Plus I like the gauges on the Gen2 over the Gen1. Gear indicator is nice and so is shift light..
Good luck either way!! :beerchug:

Dude,,,,,, there's a very noticeable difference between the Gen I and II. Almost every complaint against the incredible Gen I was addressed in the Gen II.

OP - just make sure the rectifier issue has been addressed.

I personally like the Gen 2... Absolutely gorgeous (even more gorgous than gen 1 was, and I fell in LOVE with the gen 1... 'twas my dream bike for a long time)... more power, more bells n whistles (mode switch even though I never use it, shift light, gear indicator, etc etc)...

I have found a 08 orange/black 3900 miles one owner for $8000,what do you guys think about the price???I feel its a little high but Im trying to find out the going prices!!!

Any mods on the bike? You can probably try to haggle down if the seller is desperate or in a rush (see if he'll bite @ $7500). However, riding season is here :cheerleader:

I have a '09. Just like the looks better then the gen 1. Not that a gen 1 one looks bad. Just like the updated look of the Gen 2. Brakes still suck for both though. Also do some good digging on the web. You maybe able to find some nos busa.

If and when I do it again, I will be getting a Gen II but I will also be putting a Gen I tail section on it. I just cant get over that Gen II rear end.

Back