I want a busa SO bad!!! but I'm..

My first post here...
I want a busa SO bad!!! but I'm 5'3" tall 190lbs(not fat). The busa seat height is 31.5". It's a little too tall. Anyway to lower it and keep the handling?. If I could get the seat height to 28"-29" I'll pull the trigger for one tomorrow. I'm 49yrs old, been riding since I was 10. My last sport bike was an FJ1100 with EVERYTHING done except a turbo (weren't available back then). I'm riding a 2007 Fatboy right now but I feel the need fer speed again.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,
John

Some other riders the same height as you on here. I am 5' 6" and did a custom seat (1 1/2" lower) and 1.5" drop with dogbones in the rear and I flat foot her now. Good luck and do get a Busa, I haven't seen a lower sport bike to date!

Maybe you can find one that is lowered already and you can sit on it to try it out. It will be a big bike for you though...

Yep Torbin will give you both looks and function. Added comfort also.
Something like Soupy's(sponsor) lowering kit will put you where you want to be. I have set on my bike and for street riding it hasn't been an issue. I would think id have to be on a track for it to be an issue.

For you coming from a cruiser to this you won't even notice if the was a difference in handling.

I'm 6'3" and lowered mine for the looks. Only real issues with it is driving around/over speed bumps. Potholes? Well they get avoided anyways.

If you truly want on a Busa that bad then the minor issues won't be issues.

Good Luck! Lots a great deals out there. Take your time find what you want for the right price.

Busa Lowered.jpg

Oh yeah lowering will require you to Mod the kickstand or replace it with something like an Adjustable. Can buy a center stand and lose the wing instead. Which also comes in handy for things like cleaning the chain etc. I got my kickstand from spencercycle.com was one of the best pricing I've found.

My first post here...
I want a busa SO bad!!! but I'm 5'3" tall 190lbs(not fat). The busa seat height is 31.5". It's a little too tall. Anyway to lower it and keep the handling?. If I could get the seat height to 28"-29" I'll pull the trigger for one tomorrow. I'm 49yrs old, been riding since I was 10. My last sport bike was an FJ1100 with EVERYTHING done except a turbo (weren't available back then). I'm riding a 2007 Fatboy right now but I feel the need fer speed again.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,
John
Don't mess with the geometry, just get a custom seat made. I'm 5'3" and female, and I love my Busa.

Back