Advise on battery and licence plate bracket

Ledzep

Registered
Hi all, my new too me 06 Busa battery is junk. It's an everstart chepo and measures 4"H 6"L 3 1/2" W. The length and width are sug with tray area but when I look up new batteries height like a yusa, they are over 6". I have a good bike battery same dimensions at 6 1/2 height but is way too tall for seat. I heard of seat mod but still think is too tall. What u think? I can simply use what I have if the 6 1/2 H works but don't want to cut the seat pan if I don't have too. Also previous owner cut the licence plate/mud guard off. What is suggested to mount plate bracket? I did mention in different post that I may sell this bike but I did get a ride in b4 the battery died and it's quite nice. I was worried about too much power but it's tame if u want it too be so maybe I'll keep it. Someone must have adjusted the suspension though cause it is VERY stiff over bumps, have to get that figured out. I'm not into going too fast. Advise would be great please, thanks and ride safe.

Hi all, my new too me 06 Busa battery is junk. It's an everstart chepo and measures 4"H 6"L 3 1/2" W. The length and width are sug with tray area but when I look up new batteries height like a yusa, they are over 6". I have a good bike battery same dimensions at 6 1/2 height but is way too tall for seat. I heard of seat mod but still think is too tall. What u think? I can simply use what I have if the 6 1/2 H works but don't want to cut the seat pan if I don't have too. Also previous owner cut the licence plate/mud guard off. What is suggested to mount plate bracket? I did mention in different post that I may sell this bike but I did get a ride in b4 the battery died and it's quite nice. I was worried about too much power but it's tame if u want it too be so maybe I'll keep it. Someone must have adjusted the suspension though cause it is VERY stiff over bumps, have to get that figured out. I'm not into going too fast. Advise would be great please, thanks and ride safe.
Have you considered a lithium battery?
They're usually small enough...but more $$
Love mine on the Gen 2

I may consider. Do u know the price, brand and part # please?
that's like asking for opinions on tires & oil ... everybody has their own.

This brand was recommended on this site a couple years ago and is what my Gen 2 has had for 2+ yrs. Keep in mind you'll have to also buy a matching charger. Battery weighs about 2 lbs.

20190303_081041.jpg

It was around $200 USD + the charger. All the big name battery Mfrs offer variations on the LiFo so you might find better deals these days...

My only concern was the bike's charging output voltage in relation to the battery, but this one's kept me very happy.

HOWEVER: Lith batteries don't like the cold. Here in So Cal where freezing temps are only occasional, I still let the battery warm up before cranking when the temp's below ~50 F. You might want to consider your climate before choosing lith.

You'll probably discover lots of discussions here relating to lithium batteries. Try the SEARCH button, see what happens.

Hope this helps!

Thank you both for the replys. I don't know why I had such a hard time finding a battery earlier but that link is perfect, thank you kindly. Also Tail Tidy would work great if previous owner did not hack up the original Tail. So I bought the integrated brake/directional light and wired in 2 50 ohm resistors with plate light, bought new bracket to attach to rear fender and all looks and works great. But from what I can tell, please correct me if I'm wrong, then Tail tidy bolts to original Tail or Mudgard area??? Or does it bolt to Tail light bracket? I hope it's the Tail light bracket. If not, I'll have to fab up my own bracket.

Because the bike has been around so long, there are lots of spare parts out there...maybe look around for a decent under tail and start from scratch with a proper tail tidy...

Pretty much anything you need for this bike is out there....that's the best thing about a Hayabusa

The age of the bike is an advantage from parts perspective yes. But my question still remains, how is the tail tidy screwed on to the bike? By the tail light bracket OR the mud guard/plastic whole giant battery tray large thingy??? Sorry don't know the name of it. I'm sure someone out there knows this answer. Checked our pictures of the tail tidy and can't tell. Also seem to none for gen 1, only gen 2???

I got a better look today at the back end previous owner cut off, looks like I'll have to make a bracket for licence plate that will bolt to tail light bracket due to there is about a 4" mud flap peice missing. No biggie, I'll fab a bracket then fill in the mud flap area with plastic and attach. Should be easy to do.

If the Gen1 has rear fender holes like the Gen2, I'd just bend a couple aluminum straps and bolt the plate on. I had to figure out the right angle so the straps matched up to the license plate holes but that has worked fine for me. Use 1/8" aluminum and heat it up well before bending, aluminum will stay soft for about 20 minutes after it cools off. Bend around a steel dowel, I used a drill bit. Use light bolts for license plate illumination. The crossing lights don't make the plate easy to read at night but at least it's lit. I remember someone using an LED strip stuck to the underside of the tail light to light the plate.

As far as a battery, Id go with a Full Spectrum but I already have a Shorai charger so probably I'll buy another Shorai. The last one lasted 10 years and it still works with the motor running but doesn't hold a charge over night anymore.

There's a bunch of fender eliminator kits on Amazon..and some come with an led light..

A friend of mine told me a guy he knows has a ZX10R and hooked up a servo motor off a remote controlled airplane which hinges the license plate up when he wants it to..this guy also apparently has a bunch of fairings and tank covers to change the color of his bike....I can guess why....

There's a bunch of fender eliminator kits on Amazon..and some come with an led light..

A friend of mine told me a guy he knows has a ZX10R and hooked up a servo motor off a remote controlled airplane which hinges the license plate up when he wants it to..this guy also apparently has a bunch of fairings and tank covers to change the color of his bike....I can guess why....

...I think I know that guy, lol

Back