I think i want a personal water craft.

I wish my husband posted on here because he could give you some good tips...

He's owned 3 Yamaha jet skis...loved each one and of course they progressively got faster with each purchase.  His last one went nearly 70 mph with some mods he'd done; I wrecked it going 61 mph and that hurt like hell
sad.gif
but jetskis are fun, easy to put in and out of the water...

Maintenance that I know he did - flushed the motor every single time he took it out...he'd spray silicone spray over the entire engine each spring to help keep the salt water from damaging anything...he kept the exterior waxed and had a cover for it when it wasn't being used...

All in all, it's a pretty easy toy to have...dangerous if you're not careful, but that's with anything, right?  A neighbor "borrowed" the last ski we had and wrecked it, putting a hole in the hull...after that, Mike lost interest and looked to getting a boat so the entire family could go out on the water...I think if he could choose, he'd be out looking at whatever the new Yammies have to offer
cool.gif

<!--EDIT|VaBusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1156858706 -->

Great fun. Not worth the money to buy one, in my opinion. Still, I'd rent one in a heartbeat. Figure out how many times you have to use it before buying is cheaper than renting. I suspect you'll come up with a number that persuades you to rent rather than buy.

With our bikes, we can ride thousands of miles. I estimate my Busa has cost me about $0.50 to $0.60 per mile to own (not to operate). I'm getting my money's worth having owned it. But I don't believe for a second that I could get the same entertainment value out of a PWC.

Besides, I learned after riding a buddy's PWC that most of the fun stuff like wake jumping is illegal. Bleah. At least that part's no different than owning the Busa!
biggrin.gif

--Wag--

Hey Chris,
I'll help you break-in whatever vehicle you decide to purchase.

That's just the kind of selfless guy I am...
biggrin.gif

Good luck with your decision.

Back