I think I found my baby's new shoes!!

busabrother

Registered
Was in a local shop today and the owner showed me these "new" tires.  So i looked them up on the net.  They look good, the description sounds good.  And the price is right to at least give them a try.  The owner said the tire manufacturer rep burnt the tire out for almost 30 minutes, then told them to take it out on the street and try to break it loose (on busa)  THey took it out on the street expecting it to break loose easily as it was almost bare.  That muthafucka hooked right up and almost 12 o'clocked!!  He was stoked.  SO i at least will try it when its time for a new one.  What do you guys think?

Info on COntiMax

Corporate Spiel

<!--EDIT|busabrother
Reason for Edit: None given...|1089162516 -->

interesting.. i never knew anybody that ran a Conti on anything but a beemer.. if/when you get it, please post a review.

Haywood, I already have the contiforce on now. And i really like it. I abuse tires (check previous posts) but this isz my fourth set this season, so i will let you know. I hope to keep this one until the beginning of next season. I bought the bike oct. of 2003 with 7800 miles on it. I just looked at the mileage today and i have 13566. Damn i am riding huh, especially since i havent been riding any long distance. But it came with the stock bt 56's, then i bought a set of Bridgstone bt 010's, then a set of pirelli diablos (which lasted me 3.5 weeks) now i am on my continental contiforce rear ( good for drag racing and burnouts) still have pirelli front. (couldnt afford new front just yet) But I will let you know when i get it.
cool.gif

I'm swapping to a set of Shinko R003 front and back...Street and track...
evil.gif

That's after I get the "STUNGUN" back...  
evil.gif
What's wrong with the Stungun now?
rock.gif
Hope it's nothing major. BTW busabro, have you ever tried the Metzelers? I just put on a set of Sportec M1's, and I just love them. Can't testify as to treadwear just yet, but I'll give my review as it comes.

Brian

I have used two rear M1's. The first over 2k and the second 770 miles. First was used mainly for commuting and a few blast thru the mountains, second was abused at Deals and the surrounding roads. The M1 is an excellent all around tire, very predictable. I would love the hear a review of the Conti when you get some miles on it.

Kevin
info@mrcycles.com

The Conti is a cool looking tire....I also just put on a Sportec M1 and love it...so far anyway! Whats the price on the Conti's?

This is from www.dmtaonline.com

CONTI FORCE MAX REAR 190/50ZR17      
  List Price: $157.50
Our Price: $112.00  
Qty:      

Item Code: 1291476
Weight:  14.00LB
FEATURED BRANDS!!!:  CONTINENTAL
Model:  CONTI FORCE MAX
Categories:  CONTINENTAL CONTI FORCE MAX  

Item Description

Zero degree construction utilizing HIGH-IMPACT steel cord
Compared to the standard Conti Force the zero degree construction of the MAX delivers increased straight-line stability and comfort
The MAX has high levels of wet road grip and feedback
The MAX's modified Conti Force tread pattern puts more rubber in contact with the road
Because it has greater high speed stability than the standard conti Force, the MAX is more suitable for sports bikes over 1000cc; machines such as the R1, GSX-R1000, ZX-9R and CBR900RR
With its improved wear rate, the Conti Force MAX also suits heavier bikes like the Suzuki Hayabusa and Honda CBR1100XX

<!--EDIT|busabrother
Reason for Edit: None given...|1089211771 -->

Haywood, I already have the contiforce on now.  And i really like it.  I abuse tires (check previous posts) but this isz my fourth set this season, so i will let you know.  I hope to keep this one until the beginning of next season.  I bought the bike oct. of 2003 with 7800 miles on it.  I just looked at the mileage today and i have 13566.  Damn i am riding huh, especially since i havent been riding any long distance.  But it came with the stock bt 56's, then i bought a set of Bridgstone bt 010's, then a set of pirelli diablos (which lasted me 3.5 weeks) now i am on my continental contiforce rear ( good for drag racing and burnouts) still have pirelli front.  (couldnt afford new front just  yet)  But I will let you know when i get it.
cool.gif
busabrother.. sounds like you really do go through tires! I got 6000kms (3600 miles approx) out of my last BT56, but I stuck with them as they are predictable. I look forward to reading your review on the next tire change.

For those that have em, How much are u riding twisties with the Conti? and are you ruff on em or commute mostly? I have only about 900 miles on the pirelli's and they will be done after this week in Laguna
rock.gif
sad.gif

I read about the conti max tires in one of the magazines (i think sport rider) had a good review. i decided to try the bridgestone bt014. should have them on next wednesday. will post a review on them but good price on them front and back $237.00 tyd. www.chapparalmotorsports.com

have ordered from them before good prices. and fast shipment. about 4day turnaround.
smile.gif

Went got a rear conti-force 190 today, let ya know later how it does. Took it out for about an hour today seemed okay was really just breakin it in.I put the two side by side same size (190's)the conti-force and the conti-force max the conti-force was about twice as wide. I did a triple take same size tires it was wider and had way more sidewall. It looks like a tire for a smaller bike (600). Just thought I would pass that on, took my magazine with me and got $38 discount. They said Michelin was best in their opinion but it was around $55 bones more, my front is still 60% I can abuse this back tire and see how good it is. Do belive next time will try the mich's front & back sport's look good, had Dunlop & Bridgestone now got Cont's
smile.gif

Back