I think I am on to something, big company

captain

Dis in my way!
Staff member
Administrator
I was in Wal Mart today and I needed some more rechargeable batteries for the house... I looked in all the areas in the store and there was not a single rechargeable battery to be found.. I did however run into several big standard one time battery centers where every battery you can think of are stacked up ready to be purchased...

I got to thinking what a really bad practice this is if they are taking rechargeable batteries off the shelves this time of year just so they can sell more standard batteries.

This was a big Wal Mart super center in Norman Ok so it's not like it was a small town store. Have any of you noticed similar marketing techniques used during this time of year. I am going to write a letter to Wal Mart asking for an explanation..

ill look too...but in reality...what does it imply besides wal marts attempts to put the most profitable in the most accessable points..

Yep. The Walmart in Everett has also pulled all of the rechargeable batteries from the floor about a week before Thanksgiving. K-Mart and Best Buy still have them.

Same thing as Hotels jacking up the rates on game weekends, they do it because they can. I need some rechargables too Cap!

ill look too...but in reality...what does it imply besides wal marts attempts to put the most profitable in the most accessable points..

I get the profitabilty thing, however I think that it's bad practice and defianately risky if people figure it out...

I don't like being forced to buy anything, most people just don't think about it so they grab a pack of the standard batteries. I think being called out on something like this can change policies, I want choices. It's under handed in my opinion to do something like that... Sneaky and not an up front way to do business...

Never paid attention Doug....Dave is at ours now...gonna text him to check it out while he's there. Thank goodness Anastasia is out of the "I need a battery for everything" stage. :laugh:

WalMart will exploit as many aspects of businessas it can get away with...supplier price reductions and wage / benefits for those that work less than 40hrs/week...it seems like they bend the rules...and if they break them they just pay up later. For so many people it is a convient + low prices and poor economy keep shoppers coming back

It's under handed in my opinion to do something like that... Sneaky and not an up front way to do business...

Aint this typical Wal Mart..... They tell producers what to produce, how much and how much Wal Mart is gonna pay for it... Now they're just tellin you what your gonna buy.

Such is the retail game. There's a reason why milk is always at the back of the grocery store instead of right up front when one first walks in. :laugh:

walmart is a dictatorship of businesses. sales people that sales to wm haft to kiss their a$$ to keep product there. sad but true.

Merry Christmas.

Smart people running Walmart. If you don't exploit every angle someone else will. If true and they were called on it in a very public way (60 minutes) they'd be back peddling so fast they'd could probably beat a Busa in a quarter mile run...

Quick fact... If walmart were a country it would be China's sixth largest export country!

Last edited:
I watched that special on Walmart and what the Vendors had to go through to be able to get their products in the stores. Very very sad.

In the end...
There's a reason people shop at Walmart. Besides to snap pics of people who shop there and post them on the internet! :laugh:

Hey Cap, There will be 2 men with bats, wearing black suits, back ties, sunglasses and a "smiley" pin coming to pay you a visit. Wal-mart doesent like people like you. Stop thinkin and just buy!!:rofl:

Walmart doing something underhanded and unethical at the expense of the consumer? Say it isn't so!!

It does not stop at Wally World.

Toy's r Us says you have to join their Fequent Spender club to buy one of the Zhu Zhu hamsters when they come in.??? Why should I have to join the club to buy an item off their shelf?

Oh, they have the $130 play sets in stock, but the individual hamsters wont be in till Thursday and they will send members an email on amount in stock and when they can buy them.

So....I spent $130:laugh:

Back