I rode to the Dragon Today

I'm jealous! I been riding a some-what mountainous road to work every day trying to remove those friggin chicken strips... but I'm taking my time because at 260lbs... I don't know if the suspension, tires and my skills are quite stable being mixed in the same jar together!

00, your skills are the question. At my 280 lbs. I can tell you the bike, suspension, and tires will handle it. Your comfort on the curves is what you need to judge. I ride the Dragon and Brushy Mtn at enough of a pace to get rid of those ugly little strips. The bike has never caused me to question it. It's extremely solid going into the turns.

My technique definately needs attention and I'm hoping for some track time this summer for some first hand tips & feedback + seat time.

I fealt some slight wobble during lean today as I rode some moderate twisties on the way to work and had to back off. I'm confident that my body position in the lean was wrong. I'm SLOWLY trying to grasp better techniques for twisties. Push, lean, outside leg pressing tank... stuff like that.

You can get a knee down and still have chicken strips. The whole point of the off seat lean is to allow your bike to stay as upright as possible.
Most people I know that are concerned with the leftover rubber usually end up in the dirt. .02 and worth it.

Awesome, and thanks for sharing the pics!
super.gif

(Luvanicebum @ Jun. 18 2007,00:03) You can get a knee down and still have chicken strips.   The whole point of the off seat lean is to allow your bike to stay as upright as possible.
Most people I know that are concerned with the leftover rubber usually end up in the dirt.  .02 and worth it.
Never said I wasn't a knuckle-head!

I am working on it though!
laugh.gif

I cannot wait to go back!!!  I just finally pulled Caesar out this weekend to clean up a mouse nest in the hump of the bike...THAT'S how long it's been since I even saw it...parked when we got back from the Gap and hadn't been seen since
sad.gif

Yeah, you kind of suck today, riding the Gap all the stinkin' time
sad.gif
sad.gif

*sigh*  I guess I'm glad you had fun...it's tough though...

laugh.gif

sad.gif

sad.gif

(VaBusa @ Jun. 18 2007,08:29) I cannot wait to go back!!!  I just finally pulled Caesar out this weekend to clean up a mouse nest in the hump of the bike...THAT'S how long it's been since I even saw it...parked when we got back from the Gap and hadn't been seen since
sad.gif

sad.gif
sad.gif

laugh.gif
You are in my heart each time I ride through
smile.gif

sad.gif

sad.gif

(Rayabusa0818 @ Jun. 18 2007,11:29)
(VaBusa @ Jun. 18 2007,08
super.gif
) I cannot wait to go back!!!  I just finally pulled Caesar out this weekend to clean up a mouse nest in the hump of the bike...THAT'S how long it's been since I even saw it...parked when we got back from the Gap and hadn't been seen since
sad.gif

sad.gif
sad.gif

laugh.gif
You are in my heart each time I ride through
smile.gif
Yeah, and you're chucking and grinning even more because of it
laugh.gif

I am glad you had fun...you still stink though
tounge.gif
Just cruel man...and vman, always bragging and hanging with the R1 gang!
pissed.gif
pissed.gif

tounge.gif

sad.gif

sad.gif

laugh.gif

pissed.gif

tounge.gif

Adam (RoadLoK CFO) and I are heading back to the Gap tomorrow night (about a 14 hour drive) and will be there through the weekend. I'll bring some Arachnids in the event that someone is there with a busa and interested. I love that place!

Chief

(Chief RoadLoK @ Jun. 20 2007,16:30) Adam (RoadLoK CFO) and I are heading back to the Gap tomorrow night (about a 14 hour drive) and will be there through the weekend. I'll bring some Arachnids in the event that someone is there with a busa and interested. I love that place!

Chief
Chief,

YOU SUCK!

Signed,
Someone that's just pissed off in VA  
laugh.gif

Have fun!!!  
cool.gif

(Chief RoadLoK @ Jun. 20 2007,16:30) Adam (RoadLoK CFO) and I are heading back to the Gap tomorrow night (about a 14 hour drive) and will be there through the weekend. I'll bring some Arachnids in the event that someone is there with a busa and interested. I love that place!

Chief
Are you going to be hanging out at the Morotcycle Resort?

This weekend? With the Honda Hoot in town, I'm staying the heck away from the Gap. That place will be a ZOO. I think I'm riding the other way.

Don,
Great pics - but Andrew's bike is a blinged out '01, not an '05 - unless he has replaced all the plastics on her...
wink.gif

(MC MUSTANG @ Jun. 20 2007,17:04) Don,
Great pics - but Andrew's bike is a blinged out '01, not an '05 - unless he has replaced all the plastics on her...  
wink.gif
I thought he said o5, but I defer to your knowledge.
smile.gif

(Chief RoadLoK @ Jun. 20 2007,15:30) Adam (RoadLoK CFO) and I are heading back to the Gap tomorrow night (about a 14 hour drive) and will be there through the weekend. I'll bring some Arachnids in the event that someone is there with a busa and interested. I love that place!

Chief
Take some pics!

wow this is great... im loving this site!!! and always get me in a riding mood, even tho i ride the busa almost every day!!! my car has not been getting any love for almost a year now,lol but anyways great pics and thank for sharing!!!
TATTOOS085-1.jpg

(TennBusa @ Jun. 20 2007,16:53) This weekend?  With the Honda Hoot in town, I'm staying the heck away from the Gap.  That place will be a ZOO.  I think I'm riding the other way.
Well it was a zoo there last weekend with all the R1's and such. I pulled out of the overlook when at least a million Yamas pulled in!
cool.gif

I will be back this weekend as well.

We will be setting up a small booth for the shop MRcycles.com at the CROT.

No bike though, I will be in the cage.....

If you are in the area, stop by and say hello!

Back