I rode to the Dragon Today

Rayabusa0818

Never Forgotten
I got up this morning and could find no one to play with so I rode off by myself. I soon developed a craving for a chili dog and fries at Deals Gap Motorcycle Resort so my thoughts and the Busa headed northeast.

My first stop was at the Overlook where I met another Don. This one was Huntsville Alabama and was riding a Honda CBR.

P1020274.JPG

From there I rode over to Tailofthedragon.com and picked up some dragon stickers to put on my V-STAR. (No picture yet.) After chatting with Ron for a while, I headed across the street to the motorcycle resort. There I met Andrew from Ft. Lauderdale who had recently bought a chromed out of Blue and Silver 05. He is not a Hayabusa.org member, but I think he soon will be.

P1020276.JPG

While we were talking who should walk up but the famous VMAN1300. He wal up there hanging with the R1 and R6 crowd and generally showing them how a Busa could hang with them on the Dragon. I didn't get a picture of VMAN but here are the bikes.

P1020277.JPG

Next I went to the diner and had my favorite culinary delight on Deals Gap. A chili dog combo with fries and a coke. $4.19 and absolutely delicious. Nancy over at tailofthedragon.com swears she is going to change my eating habits.

Next I said so long to VMAN and Andrew and headed to my favorite hang out on the gap...the wall.

P1020279.JPG

On the way out I stoppet at the overlook again and talked with a group of folks from Ohio that were vacationing down here. I had a mental lapse and didn't take any pictures.

My final stop of the day was at A&W Root Beer in Madisonville to have one in honor of a good friend who loves them but none are available near his home.

All in all it was a pretty good day...

P1020307.JPG

Oh by the way...looking at VMAN1300's Stator cover today...I have only one question...where was his leg? That was one incredible save.
beerchug.gif

My God Don! I was there too! I came wizzing through the dragon and happened to look up and I thought I saw you standing on he side of the road somewhere but only had a glance. I was on my silver/gray Busa and had black saddle bags on her. I sure now that it was you. I was pulling out of the overlook and Kevin pulled in, didn't get a chance to talk to him, I was going to the Foothills Parkway. Wish I knew you were going but my trip was not planned, just drinkin coffee this morning trying to think of something to do and well....... the rest is history. Bob
beerchug.gif

Sounds like a blast.
You guy's have it made living close to the good stuff.

Appreciate the pics!

(Learjett @ Jun. 16 2007,22:flamethrowing:) My God Don!  I was there too!  I came wizzing through the dragon and happened to look up and I thought I saw you standing on he side of the road somewhere but only had a glance.  I was on my silver/gray Busa and had black saddle bags on her.  I sure now that it was you.  I was pulling out of the overlook and Kevin pulled in, didn't get a chance to talk to him, I was going to the Foothills Parkway.  Wish I knew you were going but my trip was not planned, just drinkin coffee this morning trying to think of something to do and well....... the rest is history.  Bob
beerchug.gif
I saw you...I thought that was you. It was spur of the moment for me too...I was supposed to ride with some friends in the Dayton Cops and Bikers ride to support prevention of domestic abuse, but they cancelled and I didn't want to venture out with all those Harleys alone so I headed to the gap.
beerchug.gif

beerchug.gif

thanks for sharing the pics...looks like you had a great day
beerchug.gif

We should get numbers. I went up yesterday also. Actually I hit brushy mountain first before heading to the gap just to get warmed up. I seen a couple of Busas but they were all in route. One was a couple.

(chrisarrington @ Jun. 17 2007,10:52) We should get numbers.  I went up yesterday also.  Actually I hit brushy mountain first before heading to the gap just to get warmed up.  I seen a couple of Busas but they were all in route.  One was a couple.
I've heard a lot about the Brushy Mtn ride, we should get together and you show me the way.
beerchug.gif

On my last stop at the overlook yesterday (around 2:30 P.M.) I met a .org member but have forgotten his screen name. Dude, if you happen to see this please remind me.

Back