I Need To Vent!

Just tell him you are looking forward to his promotion to "Commandant of the Government run Re-Education Camp" once the collapse comes.

My thoughts,

1. Mind your own business.
2. Gear saves lives.
3. You will lead an awfully boring life if you dwell on i could get hurt.
4. I would guess most accidents are caused by cagers. Tell the rep to make sure he is no the one who puts a biker there.

All that being said, I am an IT guy at a local medical center. I am responsible for 4 hospitals 50 clinics and a number of other outlying buildings. I have seen more than i care to chat about sometimes and the danger is real. Dont let it rule your life though.
Having said that,if your gonna die you may as well die in style than dying of boredom or a real larger hamburger

All I can say is if you don't do it in this lifetime....it won't get done. Enjoy riding while can, don't worry about the opinion of others.

From the track time I have, I heard one statement that is extremely accurate. Instructors can't teach discipline to track riders, hospitals teach discipline :)

Let me say this. I have been flying since I was 14. Commercially since 18 . Really. At 25 I was hit by a car and told I would never fly again, nor drive. I was devistated as you can imagine.
After about a year, I got my medical back, fought with OK city (FAA) and got my medical and pilot license back.
You really look at life a bit differently after something like that.
Live your life for today, but save for tomorrow, just in case you make it that far has been my moto for the last 21 years.
I have a patch on my vest that even my wife didn't understand at first. "Everybody dies, not everybody lives."
Nothing is more true.
Troy

Hello! I have been lurking, mostly in the classifieds. I was not going to join until I made the decision to pick up a Hayabusa, but based on having real problems in life, and on the other side having parents and siblings who consistently repeat the same motorcycle death stories every time I see them, I have strong feelings on this topic.

I have chronic pain and the vibrations of the motorcycle are an effective aspirin. Vibration therapy is proven to calm the nervous system and reduce pain. Thus I can tell people honestly that the motorcycle helps to temporarily alleviate chronic pain. From my experience I suspect that others who get a high from riding are getting a direct physiological stimulation from the bike, and not just an emotional thrill. Someone needs to measure and quantify that though to prove it.

So tell the doctors this. Ask them how robustly have they studied the effects of motorcycling. Present this as a project for the hospital's research group. If they dismiss it, then use this: "You see people in chronic pain daily. How could you possibly dismiss this?"

As you know motorcycling is very physical, unlike the act of driving a car. I would respond that motorcycling is your perpetual workout routine. How on earth is a medical professional going to disparage that?

I believe in living via knowledge and not feelings. Feelings betray people. So beat them senseless with knowledge in their own academic area.

Back