I need 2 vent

you need to get a quick education on this stuff...

check your local resources that are available.. your education is going to be absolutely essential if you plan on being part of the solution and not enabling the activity...

Tough Love is going to look like a cake walk.. your county should have some rehab program advisors that can get YOU on the right track so you can help.. you can not do much until you learn a bit about your enemy here.. The monkey here is more like a 500lb gorilla..

(and until HE is ready, you can not do much to help.. this is where most parents are part of the problem out of guilt)

you need to get a quick education on this stuff...

check your local resources that are available.. your education is going to be absolutely essential if you plan on being part of the solution and not enabling the activity...

Tough Love is going to look like a cake walk.. your county should have some rehab program advisors that can get YOU on the right track so you can help.. you can not do much until you learn a bit about your enemy here.. The monkey here is more like a 500lb gorilla..

(and until HE is ready, you can not do much to help.. this is where most parents are part of the problem out of guilt)

good advice. I'd talk to someone now about anything you could be doing to possible help now even before he gets out.

PM sent, call me if you need some answers about the enviroment and what will be happening. I can answer them.

It's great that he has a father who won't give up on him. Unfortunately, our prison system doesn't rehabilitate. I can only imagine how heart breaking it is. Let us know if there's anything we can do.

Very sorry hear this. I have 3 boys myself. I hope things work out for your son.

Your son is lucky to have a father like you....Don't give up on him!

I wish you all the best dealing with this situation.

Ummmm....errrr...uhhhh....hmmmmm.......how deep does the Spud go on this one ????......

Done jail, done probation, done drugs, and sucked my parents dry of emotion, support, and money through my twenty's......don't be an enabler. Your parental desire is to try and help. That's fine. Write letters to let him know you love him. Stop sending large amounts of $$$, it isn't fair to you. Took my dad a while to wise up, and when he did I was facing 3 to 5 for habitual. He told the judge to hold me accountable for my behavior, and crimes and if necessary, send me to the joint. The judge showed a little mercy, and I don't have those problems any more. I took responsibility, it didn't come easy, but I learned.

If he's choosing to use, abstain from being within a hundred miles of him physically. Don't give him an opportunity to abuse you and your good-graces. He'll come looking if you continue to be the "soft-touch". I know it sounds somewhat insensitive, but insulate yourself, with distance, from "his" disease. I know a lot of recovering addicts.... we called it free-base, they call it crack. "Whatever"....if his lips are moving and he's not pursuing recovery, he's "working" you in some way, shape, or form.

You didn't cause his addiction, you can't cure his addiction, and you certainly can't control his addiction. Pray for him, and love him from a distance..........

Be careful and try the best you can to account for the money you give him while he is in jail.

It is a fine line, you dont want him to think you dont trust him, on the other hand it is almost easier to get drugs in jail than it is on the street.

Our jail system in general seems to be corrupt (at least here in California) you have a lot of good people working in the facilitys, but then you have some bad ones that make big money by getting this into the inmates.

When they are caught, they normally pay very dearly. But some officers still do it because the extra money is tempting.

Heroin I have never even seen the stuff.I dont think they have that here. Evansville IN

I guess its plentyfull around DC were he lives bye.

I dont know if he was shooting it or what.

Least they have got him away from that crap.

I WAS SHOCKED WHEN i HEARD THAT JUST CANT BELIEVE IT.

GET HIM CLEAN.........One of my buddies just died because of that trash 22 yrs old fell asleep and never woke up......I am not trying to scare you or flame you I am informing you on what price could be paid. My buddy did it for about a year then got in rehab and after about two to three months clean fell back into it and past away shortly after. That is a he!! of a drug to be messing with you should look into getting him into a rehab program. Keep your head up and be there for him and try to get him help:please: I am hoping for the best for both you.......PS you can find any drug you want pretty much where ever you want like they say if theres a will theres a way.

How old ur son?

the AA program might help him if he can figure out he needs help and has the guts to get it.

good luck to both of you, addiction is hard to break, it will be tough on both of you

Thanks you guys+girls are good people.
I know he has or was useing me 4 $$$ was really getting bad every time he callled money money money.What I send to him now goes in a account he can buy personal hygene items candy soups even stamps cost.Im only sending like 30 or $40 every 2 weeks.

I just got a letter he is still working a bit frustrated over working free but im for it.

He said hes doing 300 situps+200 pushups every day.

His attitude+spirits seemed good I resent the letter overnight shipping.

I need call there see what can send as i didnt intend 2 violate there rules.

I know i cant send cards any type nothing glued no tape on letters no stickers allowed no poloroid pics (why i have no clue)??? no inapropreate pics.

He is 30 years old but still a kid 2 me.

I gotta bring him back here (Evansville I.N. )

I WISH COULD GET HIM INTRESTED IN RACING I live 3 miles from a track.

I agree i need information I cant fight what I DONT UNDERSTAND.

Thank you 4 your help

Nightflight, I'm only 20miles from Manassas. If there's any help I can give I will. Let me know.

Being that the FEDS are the largest importer or drugs into the US, and he is now locked in the system, he can get all the drugs he wants.

Sorry to hear it happened. Stay in touch with him. You might be the difference that gets him to clean up.

Keep your head up.

P.S. As Spudley said "Don't be an enabler". He can earn credit in prison to pay for his basic needs. Don't send him any money at all or he will find a way to continue hid drug use.

Last edited:
Back