I need 2 vent

It is a fine line, you dont want him to think you dont trust him....

I beg to differ, the less he thinks you trust him the better. An addict's mind thrives on how much of your emotional constitution he can manipulate. He counts on you're ability to cave in and help. His conscious mind may not be even aware that he does it like this, but he does. I said it before, and it may sound insensitive, but keep your distance. A practicing addict (one that isn't even attempting to get recovery) is dangerous to your ability to see things how they really are. Try some al-anon, get some "good" information on the disease and how it operates. Then you'll see your son as he really is.

Good luck ! God Bless, Spud.

Im going pm chris see if he can help me wth airport info,
directions ect.INTEND 2 VISIT ON CHRISTMAS I have spare room here but his child there with his girlfriend.WHEN HE GETS OUT.

from what I have been told she is like a pin cushon
not a spot on her body she hasnt shot up.

I gotta get him the hell out of there he cant help his child till he helps himself.

Im thinking I WILL HAVE FLY INTO DC THEN RENT A CAR 2 GET TO MANASSAS.

YOU GUYS KIDS HAVE A GOOD ADVANTAGE IN LIFE
SOUNDS LIKE YOU ARE ALL GOOD PARENTS

I KNOW i HAVE FAILED AS A PARENT BUT IM NOT READY 2 THROW IN THE TOWELL JUST YET.

Last edited:
You can't see this as your failure. You didn't fail. He has. He was the one to make the decisions he has made. Not you. All anyone can do when raising kid is their best. At some point, kids have to make their own decisions and sometime they are not good ones.

GMbusa and I live very close to Manassas and know it very well. Contact us if you want any info regarding the best place to fly into, etc. We'll be happy to help.

You are facing a very hard road ahead. You have to stay strong and firm. You will need to harden yourself against this enemy for it is strong but God doesn't make you face anything you can't handle and remember he will be there to carry you when you need it.

Im going pm chris see if he can help me wth airport info,
directions ect.INTEND 2 VISIT ON CHRISTMAS I have spare room here but his child there with his girlfriend.WHEN HE GETS OUT.

from what I have been told she is like a pin cushon
not a spot on her body she hasnt shot up.

I gotta get him the hell out of there he cant help his child till he helps himself.

Im thinking I WILL HAVE FLY INTO DC THEN RENT A CAR 2 GET TO MANASSAS.

YOU GUYS KIDS HAVE A GOOD ADVANTAGE IN LIFE
SOUNDS LIKE YOU ARE ALL GOOD PARENTS

I KNOW i HAVE FAILED AS A PARENT BUT IM NOT READY 2 THROW IN THE TOWELL JUST YET.

You didnt fail as a parent. Your son simply made some bad choices and now has to pay for those choices. We have a similar situation in our family. I wont mention the family member, but he got out of jail and was clean...........he was clean!!!!!!!!!! Then he got to hangin out with some of his old friends, got back into it, back into the fast cash, and yep, back in prison. What do you do? We have not spent any money, but other family members have spent thousands in legal fees. You cant help someone who wont help themselves.
I know he is your son, I know you love him. But dont ruin your financial well being without knowing for certain, without a doubt, you are spending your money wisely. The only way he can show you this, is time. He has to turn his life around and make an effort, show you he is clean, show you he has changed. Make him prove it to you. Its hard, always will be. The addiciton to this crap is stronger than anything he has expierenced. He will need professional help in and then it will always be a will power thing. A battle every day to say "NO". Man, I wish you the best of luck, this is never an easy situation.

Last edited:
Some people are more susceptible to addictive behavior resulting in substance abuse. It isn't necessarily a result of your parenting.
Many of us have family members who have been or are in similar situations. I have a sister heading in the same direction again after some bad influences have re-entered her life..
Good luck dealing with this situation..
On another note, Washington-Dulles airport is close to Manassas...

You didn't fail as a parent.

My parents raised me well, but if I wanted to experiment with illlegal substances, I could! But thats my choice.

He just made bad choices, no-one but HIM made him use those drugs. No-one to blame but HIMSELF!

Don't be hard on yourself, just express your love for him, pray, and hope for the best.

Like the others said, just gotta let the virus run its course.:(

Thanks guess im not 2 blame.

man there strict cant mail cards any kind not even christmas no books or mags
no poloroid pics long list stuff you cant send .

He is only allowed 1 30 min visit a week.:eh:

I bet he is not sleeping well either. Right now we hope he is learning something you could never in a million years teach him. The question is, will he learn the lesson.

Back