I need some opinions.

I've started checking out the storage places for Paul and there are some close by. I'm also looking into puchasing the be lock system on the market. Can't remember the name off the top of my head but the roofing company I used to work for used them. I don't want it just in a parking space any more than he does.

hmm.. having had one disappear from the front porch area of a townhouse, when chained to the post and bolt in the cement with a 10klb break strength chain (big mo fo), I'd say outta sight, outta mind. Folks will know what it is and where it is. The trick is they are the neighbors, so unless the theif profiles you, follows you and then comes back for it (it happens), the random drive by theives will not know about a bike that is out of sight.

Just my 2c from someone thats done what everyone has mentioned and the fuggers had hydrolic bolt cutters and two big mo fo's to carry it away into a waiting box van.
rant.gif

I would Suggest the Eye bolt/RoadLoK/Phantom Tracking System/ and Bike cover. As well as a loaded Gun. The Phantom Tracking System has a better recovery rate than Lo Jack. Not to mention that the Phantom works Nation Wide and the Lo Jack has to be in range of an Antenna to work.

Bring her inside... Do you have a patio? I lived in a 1st floor apt for a year and had a patio off the side of the apt. I just parked my bike there after a little lawn ride.

I was lucky that there were shrubs in front of the patio tho.

Just an idea.

I would get a day/night surveillance camera trained on that parking spot. Then just park it there and continue to carry good insurance. Thieves and vandals are a lot less likely to go in front of a camera. Might also get to know your neighbors and see about getting active monitoring for the whole parking area. If everyone participates, probably be quite reasonable per person.

(extensive @ Aug. 30 2007,12:38) who wants to drive to a storage shed to go ride their bike?
That's what I said after a month of driving back, and forth to my parents house, 15 miles away. So I just started leaving it at my apartment.

When it got stolen, and I couldn't ride it at all, I wish I could of drove over there, and got it !! If it wasn't for an CBR 1000 RR owner getting a Lowjack put on his bike, three weeks before his was stolen also, I would have never seen my bike again, nor would the owners of an Gixxer 1000, and an ZX 10, all were brand new ( 2-4 months old)

The worst part is, the guy that got caught with all 4 bikes in his shed, was only charged with a misdemeanor !!!!! WTF ?

And theese bikes were all stock ! GM"s bike is SICK !!!

(GMbusa @ Aug. 26 2007,21:53) I might have to live in a townhouse for a year. It's not a bad neighborhood but i know that thieves seldom live in the area they steal from. The deal is that i would have to park my Busa sideways in the parking space infront of the house. Thing is, i have chrome PM wheels, extended swingarm, polishedframe and other chrome parts. Plus, i have orange pearl bodywork so it stands out.

Though i have a bike cover, i wonder if removing the chrome, installing a set of stock black wheels, stock swingarm and a all stock 07' body would deter bike thieves any. I have all these stock parts in my garage at my parents house 150miles away so i wouldn't be out buying anything.

My stay at this residence would be for a year. Another part of me wants to just store it at another friends house but that could be trouble in itself.

I don't know what to do. I want my bike nearby, but i also want to keep it in my possesion.
GM they have the mini storage rentals that are made for bikes. Only about 3 to 4 feet wide. I know several local riders that live in areas that aren't secure. If I couldn't garage mine I would have to look strong at this option. Good Luck
wink.gif

storage unit sounds good but I've seen a bike cover / storage thing that looks like a tent and collaps down flat to the ground ...has a lock on it and all.........
somebody has a link or info......

Remember locks and stuff are only meant to keep honest people away.

Thieves can and will get anything,anywhere,anytime.

If you chain it to the ground outside your door it's vulnurable.

Locking it up in a storage facility vulnurable again.

Sitting between your legs packing a loaded .45 is the only time your bike is truly safe.

You need a 1st floor townhouse with front or rear door access for it .

Plus a nice rotating pedastal to store it on, instead of a dining room table sounds pretty sweet to me.

No way would I leave my busa outside! I would rather not ride it for a year than do that. I freak out leaving mine in the driveway while I change out of my riding gear and let the bike cool off.

I keep mine in storage with a multi- tiered security system of several locks, including a ground anchor and large hardened chain and lock. I have double locks on the hasp that a pair of bolt cutters can't get a grip on. The bolts on the hasp are large grade eight bolts. Any experienced thief can defeat most locks so the best thing to do is make it unapealing as possible to him. A good alarm or recovery system is important to round out your security. I would also get a ROAD LOC.

Regardless, if you store it, or chain it at your twnhouse-
I would consider what Tango 1300 has his hands on. http://www.phantomtracking.com/
Dont know the cost, but if I didn't already have Lojack (not as effective for various reasons) I would drop the money on that system.
Then: sleep well my brother. (with your phone by your side)

Can you store it at your parents ? If not cover and BIG chain to the concrete with alarm !

Back