I need some new tires

tinbender0

Cool Breeze
Donating Member
Registered
I have a hole in the rear tire from a very small staple. I picked it up about three weeks ago, the air is just barely,barely,barely leaking out. It's a shame to have to buy a new set. But if I have to!!! Anyone with some great prices PM me when ya get a chance.Thinking about going with the pirellis again or should I stay pilot.....decisions,decisions.....Thanks.

if yer really skeered of plugs, have the shop pull the tire off, patch the inside yourself, then have the shop mount and balance..

you wont have any probs if you patch it properly.... :thumbsup:

I have a hole in the rear tire from a very small staple. I picked it up about three weeks ago, the air is just barely,barely,barely leaking out. It's a shame to have to buy a new set. But if I have to!!! Anyone with some great prices PM me when ya get a chance.Thinking about going with the pirellis again or should I stay pilot.....decisions,decisions.....Thanks.

i'd keep putting air in it.
it aint gonna get any bigger.
might even self correct

Here's the problem with plugs and why they are a stop gap emergency repair. When you ream the hole you are reaming the cords and/or steel belts . The plug goes in and holds for quite a while maybe longer than anyone ever thinks it would. The longer you go the more you think hey I got this beat. Wrong eventually the movement of the tire carcass cause the belts (steel or otherwise) to actually start to cut the stem of the plug. It even in some cases pulls the mushroom head of the plug back through the hole much like a boa does when swallowing something. If you contact Stop-N-Go or the other brand Genuine Innovations they will both tell you it's a way of getting going. Hey, I'm not saying it won't last quite a while it very well could or it could strand you again when you least expect it or worse a ???sudden loss of pressure. Now it goes from mild discomfort to searing pain pretty quickly. Least expensive repair to pull and patch from the inside or buy another tire. Bummer it happened hope this helps. Wardie

I forgot you asked about best place to get a tire. I've had very good luck with Southwest Moto Tire , always has some of the best prices and if you buy 2 tires they ship free. Wardie

if yer really skeered of plugs, have the shop pull the tire off, patch the inside yourself, then have the shop mount and balance..

you wont have any probs if you patch it properly.... :thumbsup:

I agree, if it's a pretty new tire, have them patch it, from the inside.

I LOVE my Qualifiers, Cyclegear always has them on sale, jmo.

Do you have the PP2CT's, or regular PP's ?

do you trust a plug?

No, but I trust patches. Patching from the inside is the only proper way to fix a hole in a tire without replacing it. If you still have a good bit of tread left, do an internal patch and ride on. But I definitely would not use a plug. They can come out, they can get sucked back in the tire, and they cut the speed rating of the tire in half. If you have a 185mph rated tire, it's a 92mph rated tire with a plug in it.

Patch-plug is what you want. Don't mistake these with plugs done from the outside.

Need to dismount, grind the rubber where the patch will go, cement, plug and seal. Remount, balance and you're good to go until you either run out of tread or get another puncture.

Back