I need some advice for launching

GMbusa

Orange is the fastest
Donating Member
Registered
I need some advice on launching my 04'.
What's a good rpm and technique with the clutch to launch better.

I'm 6'3 275# if this helps.
First time at the 1/8 and i managed a 7.77 at 105. I know i was launching at to low of a rpm, but on my first time out i didn't want to 12 o'clock it either by leaving with high rpms.

Thanks for ANY info. This beginner needs some help.
I'm going to start racing every friday, i got the bug.

Your going to have to leave harder and harder untill the bike wheelies or spins the back tire then back off till it stops. Busa's are fast bike but not fast enough to overcome the lack of ridding ability. You'll see what I'm talking about . To get into the 6's in the 1/8 you need practice and correct bike setup tire pressure etc. Don't get me wrong the bike will do it just not with an inexperienced rider on it.

Hey GMBusa when you come back to the track this friday let me know and I will help you out with your launching ( I talked to you last sunday at the track I have the silver/grey 02).

I run 8.7 @ 188mph with only a simple street start.
I have not been racing for that long but I am the fastest in Australia at this time. All I can tell you is keep doing what you are doing and just improve on what you do.
Practice makes perfect!!

Practice Practice Practice that's how it is done and lowering the the tire pressure a bit will help with tire spin and. Good luck...
biggrin.gif

plenty of practice. get the clutch mod done. a welding shop can take care of that for about 15 bucks. my best is a 1.57 stock arm leaving at about 2,000rpms busa dont like high rpms neither do the clutches

Back