need advice on launching a busa at the track

DocDrop

Hooch Master
Donating Member
Registered
What do you recommend launching our bikes at the track. do you slip the clutch, do you launch at 4k then dump the clucth help me out here. What is the best way to get your 60fts down.

Slipping the clutch while rolling the throttle to 100%. A lot will depend on the the wheelbase. With a stock swingarm it will take 1.5-2.0 seconds to be at 100% throttle and the clutch all the way out.

There is quite a bit of info in the link Superbusa provided.

I'm looking for tips on i guess what procedures you guys are using when launching. Like slipping the clucth, dumping the cluctch at what rpms, do you ride the wheelie out, do you not wheelie.

you actually want to get it out as soon as possiable and lock the throttle.. slipping will kill your time..you really have to become as one with the bike...

(DocDrop @ Aug. 20 2007,09:40) I'm looking for tips on i guess what procedures you guys are using when launching.  Like slipping the clucth, dumping the cluctch at what rpms, do you ride the wheelie out, do you not wheelie.
CLICK ME!!!

Practice , Practice , Practice!
race.gif
race.gif

race.gif

has any 1 ever heard of welding ur slipper clutch for drage racing like doc i need help also i havent even hit the track yet im just trying 2 learn everthing i can :please: im strecth 6". slipper is welded an lowered

100_0584.jpg

100_0585.jpg

100_0582.jpg

100_0581.jpg

has any 1 ever heard of welding ur slipper clutch for drage racing like doc i need help also i havent even hit the track yet im just trying 2 learn everthing i can :please: im strecth 6". slipper is welded an lowered

Yes. It can be welded as opposed to replacing it with a one piece unit.

Can some1 post a couple step by steps on the weld.How do u do it.Just take it out and sit it on the bench and do a few tacks and then a few beads.Ive seen em but just dont want it to be uneven or unbalanced.Cant see paying $200 bucks when it can just be welded.

has any 1 ever heard of welding ur slipper clutch for drage racing like doc i need help also i havent even hit the track yet im just trying 2 learn everthing i can :please: Im strecth 6". Slipper is welded an lowered
...she lookin real good homie...thats wassup...i like it!!!

Back