I like to have things on the up & up

rubbersidedown

TURBO-BUSA-RIDIN'-BASTID
Donating Member
Registered
I thought I was doing great. Felt like things were comming together really nicely for the entire board. We were climbing outa the hole, everybody was having fun,there seemed to be a new excitement again.

Then,I apparantly made a mistake. I typed a 3,instead of a 2. Yes, I'm serious. I must have hit the wrong freakin' key.

I have been donating alot of my time,some personal possesions,some of my limited cash supply,etc etc to the Org.

I was doing that because I wanted to. Because I like most of the members, and Doug and his family deserved my help.

I was running some auctions and making all of us,some funds for our site. Well, I guess I goofed and hit the wrong key. I told everyone in this thread () that the auction would close tomorrow at noon. Tomorrow being the 22nd. The thread was started on the 21st. Now here is where I goofed. I did hit the wrong key. I typed at the end that the auction would close on the 23rd. So I guess that was all somebody needed. A little ammo to further their own personal gains...I guess. Even thou, I believe they knew the auction was over. The member actually typed something like: "Can I still bid" or "is this still open" (cant remember exactly now,too tired,too pizzed off) my guess is they knew in their heart the auction was closed but still decided to slag me...and too try and profit as well.

So when I closed it,and awarded a winner, I got this real shiddy PM from the member Bentvalve.

The PM title was: Busted

The entire contents of the PM was this:

busted man, you said very clearly that the auction closed Feb 23rd WHICH IS TOMORROW.

Favortism is not cool man, youll have a tought time holding your lofty position with this dispostion.

I thought to myself when I read that...wholly fug.
"Lofty position" "Favourtism "

The thread clearly shows how I tried to talk Pacman outa bidding. I know the man. He's too big for the gloves.etc.Plus he's donating from the heart, he just became a father,money must be tight.

Anyway, the PM really struck a nerve after all the hard work that I felt like I was puting in around here.

It took one of me Irish mates to make me see the light again. Thx mate. One giant fugstick is not worth quiting on all the rest of the fine folks here.

just thought I would share.....thx....Rubb.

Don't worry about it. A simple mistake is all it was. Anyone with half a brain can read the line above where you typed the infamous "23" and see that it says the auction ends tomorrow. I hate to point fingers but Bentvalve has started crap over stupid shid in the past. It's not the first time and probably not the last. You just happened to be at the blunt end of it this time. I'm sure I'll be taking a beating now for saying what I just did.

keep on fightin the good fight rubb, you do a kick ace job around here, keeping everything on the level with the members, even though a lot of us are just goofin off here, hell i dont even have a bike, but around here i feel like im part of the group, sharing the stoke for riding, and having a good time. and also the availability of unbelievable amounts of information and insight from anything from bikes to politics, from iraq to america, from beer to coca cola classic, its all here, this is where 90% of my internet surfing is done, and i will keep it that way because of mods like you keeping up the good work, and making this a pleasant place to spend time. Hang with us rubb.......

-WHEELMAN

Well hey...I mean, I could make use of 'em, ya know? That, an the dinero is goin to a good cause. Win-win, if ya ask me.

I appreciate the concern, my brotha Rubbah....and not to worry: the little one is definitely taken care of. He's always gonna have dibs on my greens...no two ways about it.

Pac Daddy had a lil bit o' play money....and it made sense to me to help out. Hell, the board has helped me tremendously....so I'm just trying to return the karmic favor.

What don't make sense to me is all the drama....I mean, c'mon, it's just an informal auction type of thing. Rubbah don't even need to be doin this. So the man made a mistake...sheesh. Don't we all? This ain't even a fuggin bid-is-a-binding-legal-contract kinda thing. Informal, remember?

And favoritism? What the hell's all that drama about? I'm actually a little miffed about that implication. Favoritism my stubbly nuts. Where the fug was my favoritism when Rubbah rejected my bids for another auction item? Not once, but TWICE. Yah, that's right...rejected. Sure stinks of favoritism to me. Did you hear me raising holy hoo-haw about it? Nope.

Geez louise and cottage cheese....some folks need to get off the edge a little bit. Slay him for making a mistake, oh perfect one.

Rubbah...glad you decided on staying. Like your Irish pal said...it aint' worth it to bail out 'cause of one azz-clown.

that's what the edit button is for we all make mistakes and with you running so much on here and keeping up with all of it is beyond me. don't worry about it shiat happens. I would personally like to thank you for all you do around here and also like to thank you for what you will continue to do

beerchug.gif
to Andy
beerchug.gif

beerchug.gif

Rub -

man, we are human right? People make mistakes...big deal....and He did ask if it was to late to bid. Anyhow, dont major on the minors....your hard work is noticed and appreciated. Keep fighting the good fight bro...I thought you being a MOD was a little strange at first, but I can honestly say that I think this forum is a better place with you in the position, and wouldn't want to see it any other way.
wink.gif

John

Rubb all it is, is someone trying to take the wind out of good peoples sails if you know what I mean.

Don't you dare quit on us now you have done too much for the site and it wouldn't be the same without the Site Bastid around to harrass us. Keep your head up and press on, don't let them beat you, you are the better man here for sure.
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

Come on man, did you not get my apology? I got steamed over something stupid, I was wrong and admitted it to you what more do you want from me?
I know I can be a total ####### sometimes...now you know. Pac already knows.

Come on down here to Bellingham and have dinner on me dood, id like to meet you and hopefully see you on one of the Pacific NW rides this season.

Come on man, did you not get my apology?  I got steamed over something stupid, I was wrong and admitted it to you what more do you want from me?
I know I can be a total ####### sometimes...now you know.  Pac already knows.

Come on down here to Bellingham and have dinner on me dood, id like to meet you and hopefully see you on one of the Pacific NW rides this season.
Sounds like alls well that ends well...
Lets all have a group hug now and make up...
And no reach arounds...

David

Rubb..........DOn't worry and don't quit! You do an Awesome Job.
BV.......Thanks for setting things Straight!
smile.gif

Peace _ B^

I asked for no further contact from Bentvalve,just dont need it,or want it.

When I get Pm's from the guy that contain this:

Dont think I wont address you that very same way right to your face though. I am not some pussy hiding behind my PC...

What did I do to derserve that? He has done this with other members aswell. Whats his goal with a statement like that?

I've had enuff for a while I think. I've had a bad week, with the licence thing,the hot water tank,my puppy got sick cost me 175 that I didn't have.

then I get to VOLUNTEER for this krap.

I need a day off,atleast. See you folks later.

I asked for no further contact from Bentvalve,just dont need it,or want it.

When I get Pm's from the guy that contain this:

Dont think I wont address you that very same way right to your face though. I am not some pussy hiding behind my PC...

What did I do to derserve that?  He has done this with other members aswell. Whats his goal with a statement like that?
Yes that is uncalled for.
But have you ever had a bad day and lashed out at someone because of it.
Not that persons fault in any way. They were just in the wrong place at the wrong time and cought your/my crap.
Maybe not, but I have had those days and done exactly that.
I hope I don't ever do that again, but I could slip up again.
I'm far from perfect and tend to do dumb #### on occasion.
But I know me and I make mistakes...
Most of us do...
Lets just try to get along...

David

I just finished returning your PM . No that is not at all what I meant, I meant that I am real, not some guy without a bike who is just posting.

I've had enuff for a while I think. I've had a bad week, with the licence thing,the hot water tank,my puppy got sick cost me 175 that I didn't have.

then I get to VOLUNTEER for this krap.

I need a day off,atleast. See you folks later.
You're tossing me to the wolves, aren't you Rub?  
crazy.gif

Hey, go read or something...take a break...sometimes the brain just needs to shut down, hence man invented Guinness just for you...
cool.gif

Come on Rubbah.... He admitted that he was wrong... We all could be...

BentValve is a great guy.... Maybe not in control of his emotions and ability thinking straight sometimes....

We all have our own weirdness sometimes... aren`t we?

You have a big heart.... forgive us!

sometimes the brain just needs to shut down, hence man invented Guinness just for you...
cool.gif
It's not gonna work Michelle , although a nice idea..
Guinness he will have ..to be sure.

But his brain is still missing and nobody owned up ...
biggrin.gif

Wasn't me......
tounge.gif

Rub, you're doing a good thing here. don't let one thing get to ya.
Sounds like a lot going on in your life right now. Sit back with a tall one and watch the sunset... works for me everytime.
A while back it was pointed out to me that I took things way to serious... over reacted, over analyzed everything going on around me.... they were right, but it cost me some real good friends and my health... well it took this for me to get my head right again...

"if you can change it... change it; if you can't change it... don't worry about it anymore"

sorry for preaching here, but your a good guy and are one of the people that make logging into this board so much fun... never know what you're going to say or do.
Take some time to center yourself, but come back.

Back