i know yall get tired of these questions...

halfwit

Registered
but i searched, and couldnt get clarification.

first, im simple, want minimal power gain. (just a little bit extra for those pesky gsxr1000s that are creepin my backdoor while doing runs)

so. i have found something that seems to fit my needs, but of course, i have questions.

can i jsut route it to the airbox (before or after filter??) and not have to worry about dispersing it evenly to each port...also, with something small like taht? will i need to change plugs or worry about any fuel upgrades?

cliff notes- dont need horribly large power gains, will have aftermarket air filter,and pc3 tuned.
want easy installation, plug and play"ish"
heres what im looking at..

ImageShack Links Do Not Work

NITROUS EXPRESS "Dry" Nitrous Oxide Kit

APE introduces the new Nitrous Express "EFI Power Booster" or "Dry" nitrous oxide kit for fuel injected sportbikes.

Simple quick installation. Provides significant power boost for streetbikes, as well as racebikes.

The kit comes with everything needed to put an instant power boost to today's fuel-injected sport bikes. Includes a 1 lb. bottle, bottle clamp, all necessary lines, wiring switches, jets (sizes 14,16,18,20) and complete installation instructions.

The highlight of the kit is the brand new NX exclusive "Lightening Series Solenoid", A carbon fiber can sits atop a precision laser-marked and color anodized aluminum body. THese are the trickest nitrous solenoids out.

Last edited:
You do want to set the nozzles to actually spray in a cris cross pattern so it fills the air box up and of course hits the temp. sensor (but not right on it) and that is after the air filter.. yes you can install the dry kit before the air filter. knowing how the air box is that I thought was the easiest and most assured that it would be distributed equally, I installed my two nozzles right before it actually goes in the air box one on each side.. But injecting before the air filter will have a little less effect than straight in.. but will still give that pull that you might be looking for..

im new to this so if anyone knows more do's and dont's please chime in..

Wish I could help you guys, my knowledge of nitrous is limited to cars. Please be patient, lots of racers on the board that can steer you in the right direction!

Your going to get HP gains whether sprayed before or after the filter. But if you want your money's worth and run the biggest jet, run it after the filter for best HP. Again, you sound like you'd be happy with any HP gains as long as it helps keep the pesky 1Ks off your back.

I run a Cold Fusion kit and have the jets spraying towards the center of the airbox from both sides of the airbox in the ram-air ducts before the air filter. There is a very sight lag when I hit the nitrous because it has to fill the box up some to get down to the TBs. I run 2 - .023s that has netted me 50HP+ on a stock Hayabusa. That is a real kick in the pants HP gain for very little coin. On the 1lb bottle, you'll only get about 3 full 1/4 runs from it assuming the bottle pressure stays up and consistent.

Your biggest jet should last slightly longer and provide plenty of HP and fun. Slight adjustments to the Power commander and your bike will be fine on good pump fuel.

Have fun and be safe. Don't be surprised that once you get use to the biggest jet that you feel you need more. Speed is addictive. :cheerleader:

Your going to get HP gains whether sprayed before or after the filter. But if you want your money's worth and run the biggest jet, run it after the filter for best HP. Again, you sound like you'd be happy with any HP gains as long as it helps keep the pesky 1Ks off your back.

I run a Cold Fusion kit and have the jets spraying towards the center of the airbox from both sides of the airbox in the ram-air ducts before the air filter. There is a very sight lag when I hit the nitrous because it has to fill the box up some to get down to the TBs. I run 2 - .023s that has netted me 50HP+ on a stock Hayabusa. That is a real kick in the pants HP gain for very little coin. On the 1lb bottle, you'll only get about 3 full 1/4 runs from it assuming the bottle pressure stays up and consistent.

Your biggest jet should last slightly longer and provide plenty of HP and fun. Slight adjustments to the Power commander and your bike will be fine on good pump fuel.

Have fun and be safe. Don't be surprised that once you get use to the biggest jet that you feel you need more. Speed is addictive. :cheerleader:

thanks, yeah im keeping it simple for now. just want a lil something extra. thanks for the info. sure ill need more help later.

if you do not care about the 'hard' hit.. you can pump the nitrous in anywhere you want.. the further up in the system (say the ducts in the fairings) you should get a good mix of nitrous in the air flow.. the closer you put the nitrous to the intake port, the harder it hits initially..

if you do not care about the 'hard' hit.. you can pump the nitrous in anywhere you want.. the further up in the system (say the ducts in the fairings) you should get a good mix of nitrous in the air flow.. the closer you put the nitrous to the intake port, the harder it hits initially..

to be honest, i dont want much of a hit, i weigh 125lbs, (5'7 20 yr old kid) so im worried about front getting stupid on me in 2nd.

Back