I knew it was a matter of time.

DEMMYM

Donating Member
Registered
Dont ask me how it happened ( Just got in a hurry ) I locked my keys under my hump at a local festival today. :banghead::banghead::banghead:

And just so you know, it is possible to remove your seat, Remove the 2 push pins holding the front of the tail section together, remove said piece and sqeeze your hand threw the opening to retreive said keys. WHEW!

Dang it I hate it when that happens!!:whistle: If you don't mind me askin', is the blank a dealer only item? Typical 'busa thinkology to figure out a way to get under the hump without using a can opener!:thumbsup::bowdown::beerchug:

Dang it I hate it when that happens!!:whistle: If you don't mind me askin', is the blank a dealer only item? Typical 'busa thinkology to figure out a way to get under the hump without using a can opener!:thumbsup::bowdown::beerchug:

Not sure I got it off Ebay really cheap, Came with a Hayabusa Keychain as well, Im going to take it to a locksmith and see if he can match my key.

I did that once, then I walked in the house and got my spare key and opened her right up. Glad you were able fix the problem Michael. :beerchug:

No offense but.....WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA................

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Take your spare and hide it in your take bag for next time....... :oldcool:

Very glad that had a good outcome, I would hate to have to make some, modifications? :laugh: I carry a spare key in my tank bag, but I forget its there. It was a copy the dealer tried 5 times to make and could not get to work. It will unlock the hump, but wont turn in the ignition. Go figure.

Like you said, take the blank to a locksmith. The quality difference between a locksmith and Home Depot is like night and day. Home Depot does a lot of keys but doesn't maintain their cutters. A locksmith depends on those machines for his living.

How'd that happen?!?! :laugh: I frequently leave the key in the trunk keyhole and get on then reach to turn on the bike and realize it's still behind me. :whistle: Dunno how you actually secured the hump with them inside! LOL

Back