I just might be an idiot

DEMMYM

Donating Member
Registered
Soooooooooooooooo about a year and a half ago I moved from one town to another.

So Im used to getting the statement in the mail about my tag being due. Wellllllll I just bought the ZX11 and I needed to get the title and tag updated, Well yesterday a guy who works for me says hey Michael did you know your truck tag has expired almost a year ago.

DAMN

So I send the wife to the tag agency today to take care of both the bike and the truck

$$$$$ :banghead: $$$$$ :banghead: $$$$$ :banghead: $$$$$ :banghead: $$$$$

Ohhhhhhhhh and it gets worse

So Im putting the new sticker on the truck and while placing the new tag on the ZX11 I look over and the Tag on the Busa and the VTX are expired, and then find out the Personalized tag on the Busa is also expired.

Annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd I just bought a Dodge Charger last night and have to buy a tag for it.

This is just not right. :banghead:

The penalties in Oklahoma are UNBELIEVABLE now too.. I think that if its over 3 months there is a 300 penalty or something, I just had this same problem....

I went to the tag agency and the penalty was more than the registration..

Highway robbery. I get reminder emails and mail sent to me for my tags. I usually renew online too.

Also here in FL your renewal month is always your birth month. So for me I know when my birthday rolls around it's time to give the state a present (money), I wish it was the other way around like it should be. :rofl: :poke:

TAG YOU'RE IT ! :laugh:

Tags here in Florida are renewed by your birthday. However they have a 2 year optional registration period now. At least my county does.

Might wanna check you DL in your wallet too. :whistle:

Heck since your on the roll you wanna check mine also? :poke:

Just messin mine are all good (At this moment in time). Bike and truck get renewed at Spring Bash time.

Your not the only one Michael !

I bought a house a while back and asked the local phone company to connect
a line for the day I moved in. They said I needed proof it was my address,
I said no proof untill completion day. Guy in phone company say's " no problem
we can get around this" and showed me how to change my driving licence
address on line, there and then. (phone company needed to book the
connection several days in advance)

Bought house, had new phone line, all went smooth.

One day I notice there's no rego on my Ute (pick up) so I head down to the
department of transport to pay it, wondering why I'd had no reminder.
Woman behind the counter says "did you know your driving licence and 2 other
bikes rego's have expired too?" and I'd had my reminders.

Turn's out he'd changed my Residential address but not my Postal/mail address.
I was new to the country at the time and didnt know they had options for both !

Expensive on the day but lucky i'd never had an accident or ticket.

Thats really messed up, everything was expired, wow, I hope you dont get slam with penalties too bad.
I think what Florida is doing is cool,(expire on your birthday) easy to remember, thats if you dont forget your birthday :laugh:

Last edited:
Also here in FL your renewal month is always your birth month. So for me I know when my birthday rolls around it's time to give the state a present (money), I wish it was the other way around like it should be. :rofl: :poke:

+1 i love that no way to forget your tags here :laugh:

that will hurt the wallet! glad you found out before a LEO did you the favor of pointing it out :laugh:

Here in Michigan if you let a tag expire they penalize you and charge an extra $15 when you do renew it! :moon:

Well so far the ZX11 Transfer title / Expired Tag. Titan expired tag has come to just under $500.

That is BS

that sux man. i never forget my tags. dont know why, but i usually end up waiting till the last minute for some stinkin reason.

my busa tags are just over 180 here in ks this year...and its an 08. our 08 mazda 6 is 396 and my 95 izuzu pickup is 90. always been in nov. since i was 14.

Back