I hate spiders.....

GAmedic

Registered
.....especially when they are bigger than the house across the street. She doesn't compare to spiders in Australia though.

20180909_205516.jpg

20180903_165725.jpg

Phone doesn't take good night shots but its dual 12mp rear cameras work wonders in daylight.

Yeah they are a pain in the ass for sure...... Worst is walking thru the woods @ night and getting a face full of spider web!!! They grow real big out in the woods so now your paranoid you got a 2lb Spider crawling around on you cause you disturbed his Web!!! :shocked:

spider-snake-basement-kill.jpg

Yeah we don't have any snakes here in NZ thank God. In fact we really don't have any killer wildlife, even the most poisonous spider, the native Katipo only makes you a bit sick.
1501627521233.jpg

I lived in Australia for 3 years back in the '80's and saw some terrifying wildlife, huge spiders as big as your hand, or bigger like this one, eeeek!
3a982e6708832bf50ca12015a57c10cc.jpg

then there was small funnel web spiders that are deadly,
labyrinth002.jpg

and massive snakes and small deadly poisonous snakes too.
Snake-Bites-Prevention-for-Dog-Owners-Tiger-Snake.jpg

I saw a lizard with a dangerous looking 'beak' , scared the crap outta me coz he reared up on his hind legs and hissed at me, I gave him a fright apparently lol, he returned the favor!
IMG_3308.jpg

That is some weird sh*t right there!

I love New Zealand, ya just gotta watch out for the tourists in rental cars and camper vans lol.

Been bitten on the back on two separate occasions by white tail spiders , that have flesh eating venom , but I must be one of those that heal okay . Used to catch huge spiders for my dragon lizards when I was a young fella bare handed . Been bitten quite a few times by non venomous snakes , and have had heaps of run ins with venomous snakes in my lifetime . I don't kill any animals unless by accident or I guess mine or someones life at risk , I try to just live and let live .

I was bitten by a brown recluse (violin spider) on the forehead and was in bed for 7 days. I still have a scar but some of the smaller ones went away. It was back in the 90s when I was working on an old car that had sat for a long time...

Yeah we don't have any snakes here in NZ thank God. In fact we really don't have any killer wildlife, even the most poisonous spider, the native Katipo only makes you a bit sick.View attachment 1585066
I lived in Australia for 3 years back in the '80's and saw some terrifying wildlife, huge spiders as big as your hand, or bigger like this one, eeeek!
View attachment 1585067
then there was small funnel web spiders that are deadly,
View attachment 1585068
and massive snakes and small deadly poisonous snakes too.
View attachment 1585069
I saw a lizard with a dangerous looking 'beak' , scared the crap outta me coz he reared up on his hind legs and hissed at me, I gave him a fright apparently lol, he returned the favor!
View attachment 1585070
That is some weird sh*t right there!

I love New Zealand, ya just gotta watch out for the tourists in rental cars and camper vans lol.

Is that rainbow lizard thing real?

Been bitten on the back on two separate occasions by white tail spiders , that have flesh eating venom , but I must be one of those that heal okay . Used to catch huge spiders for my dragon lizards when I was a young fella bare handed . Been bitten quite a few times by non venomous snakes , and have had heaps of run ins with venomous snakes in my lifetime . I don't kill any animals unless by accident or I guess mine or someones life at risk , I try to just live and let live .
You very brave Toad! I’m more like sixpack: get the 12 gauge! Especially if it’s life-threatening.

In Va, copperheads and rattlesnakes are endangered species, and it's illegal to kill them.
Lmao, **** right they're endangered, as soon as I see them.
I tend not to kill anything other than mosquitos, but poisonus snakes don't survive.
We have 2 great cats that kill everything, snakes, mice, squirrels, rabbits, you name it.
Last copperhead I saw was last summer, and under some brush I was moving.
Hmmmm, leave him alone, and give him a chance to bite my little girl and her friends, or kill the bastid? Yeah, tough call, off with his head, and F the game warden.
Those guys screw more people than you can imagine every year.
Endangered, lol, with good reason.

In Va, copperheads and rattlesnakes are endangered species, and it's illegal to kill them.
Lmao, **** right they're endangered, as soon as I see them.
I tend not to kill anything other than mosquitos, but poisonus snakes don't survive.
We have 2 great cats that kill everything, snakes, mice, squirrels, rabbits, you name it.
Last copperhead I saw was last summer, and under some brush I was moving.
Hmmmm, leave him alone, and give him a chance to bite my little girl and her friends, or kill the bastid? Yeah, tough call, off with his head, and F the game warden.
Those guys screw more people than you can imagine every year.
Endangered, lol, with good reason.

In Australia , all reptiles are protected , including poisonous snakes . Australia has the most species of poisonous snake in the world , and probably the deadliest 7 species out of top 10 worldwide . People do kill them illegally , no doubt , but you can call a snake catcher , and he will come to your house and catch and remove and relocate your suburban killer . Just got to monitor it's location as best as you can , till the bloke arrives .
Interesting , the deadliest predator to native fauna in Australia is the domestic cat , and it's cousin the domestic cat 'gone wild' . I know people who kill the wild variety on sight ( country folk ) and city owners of cats are encouraged to keep cats indoors at night .
I understand poisonous snakes around your living area is not a good thing , when you have precious family and pets to look out for .

The most deadliest predator on the planet is the house cat.....

They kill more species of animal than any creature on the face of the earth!!!

They kill mammals, reptiles, amphibians, birds, insects, etc

We had a cat once as our Barracks mascot. We called him the Lucifer! He was all black and was a straight ninja ghost faced killer!!! You would see dead mouse, squirrel and mole carcasses strewn about all the time. Usually he would only chew their faces off and leave the bodies...... He killed just to kill he wasn’t even hungry. I once seen him jump into the air and knock a hummingbird down!!! And he wasn’t a tiny cat bye no means. Super Super Fast Ninja Reflexes.

I say it all the time we are lucky that cats don’t grow to the size of dogs or we’d be extinct :eek:

I have personally seen a wild cat the size of a small to medium dog , it was really a sight to see , and it was strolling along , fearless . Between cats and cars 'roadkill' , our native animals are really getting it bad .
We also got locations , mainly eastern side of Australia , where panther sized cats are sighted , and the possible explanation is from US WW2 Navy etc. that had mascots that were brought with them , and escaped on our mainland !! Well either that or escapees from our past circus or zoo's from years back that had these big cats , lost them and didn't report anything askew . They might very well be breeding successfully .... :)

The most deadliest predator on the planet is the house cat.....

They kill more species of animal than any creature on the face of the earth!!!

They kill mammals, reptiles, amphibians, birds, insects, etc

We had a cat once as our Barracks mascot. We called him the Lucifer! He was all black and was a straight ninja ghost faced killer!!! You would see dead mouse, squirrel and mole carcasses strewn about all the time. Usually he would only chew their faces off and leave the bodies...... He killed just to kill he wasn’t even hungry. I once seen him jump into the air and knock a hummingbird down!!! And he wasn’t a tiny cat bye no means. Super Super Fast Ninja Reflexes.

I say it all the time we are lucky that cats don’t grow to the size of dogs or we’d be extinct :eek:

Got that right bro,cats are murderin' bastards for sure.Mama came home with a rescue a couple of months ago and I've taken several lizards and a pigeon away from the little bastard,finding a few that weren't so fortunate.Guess I can't really hold it against him as it's in their nature but I damned sure don't like it(to the extent of[almost]hoping maybe someday he'll try that poop on a rattlesnake...what goes around/comes around).Don't ever remember my old Pit even killing so much as a bug.:laugh:

Back