i hate nails

teddypenn

Registered
went out today for a quick ride around town, stopped for gas, and there it was....a nail just to left center of my rear perreli angel. this just about a month after picking one up on my front :banghead::banghead:. gotta a plug on there for now, but looks like i'll be making a trip to cycle gear in the near future.

I feel ya bro. Couple years ago had a pointed edged bolt in my rear tire, couldn't even patch it, hole was too big.

Hey, why not patch plug it from the inside? No possible way for it to come out, I,v done it several times, first time was on a 1 hour old power.

i dont have my own tire mounting tools, so if i have to pay to mount/balance a tire, then it'll be to mount/balance a new one.

I feel your pain. I picked up a 1/8" drill bit in my Metzeler M3 a month or so ago. Plugged and rode it until a couple nights ago, then pulled it to replace it with a new Sportec M5. When I pulled the old rubber off, I found a nail about a foot around from where the plug was. I didn't even know the nail was there until I pulled the tire.

Pics just because..

CIMG0615.jpg

CIMG0617.jpg

CIMG0618.jpg

CIMG0621.jpg

CIMG0623.jpg

cyclegear was have a sell on perreli tires a couple days ago. Front and rear for $180. there was a link to it on here..

I feel your pain. I picked up a 1/8" drill bit in my Metzeler M3 a month or so ago. Plugged and rode it until a couple nights ago, then pulled it to replace it with a new Sportec M5. When I pulled the old rubber off, I found a nail about a foot around from where the plug was. I didn't even know the nail was there until I pulled the tire.

Pics just because..

No more pix until you do the reflector mod :laugh:

i rode on a patched tire, the patch was on the inside of the tire, for about 4500 miles with no problems at all. even had a few high speed runs on that tire :thumbsup:

Back