I hate AT&T

r1d3on3

Registered
So my laptop card which is over a year old craps out, neither of my laptops recognize the usb device, but everything else works fine in those ports... it happens, been through a couple now. Its out of warranty, I'm currently on an unlimited data plan, I use a large amount of data running my business.

Ok, I contact AT&T, after much hassle with their "technical gurus" they figure out my laptop card is bad. They get me with another department so I can get a new laptop card. The lady asks about my data plan and I tell her just carry on with the unlimited data plan and get me a new card. Cool. My AT&T phone drops the call just before finishing up with the order :banghead:

I call back, that department is closed for the day and I have to call back the next day, how convenient. Call back the next day and go through the hassle of getting a new card ordered up and explain I want to continue my unlimited data plan, no problem, done, cards on its way.

Maybe 2 weeks after using the card I get message saying my data usage is about to exceed its limit ??? I contact AT&T, first person sounds clueless, I get her supervisor on the phone who assures me my data plan is unlimited and there are no problems, i ask why i'm getting the emails about overages then, she says she doesnt know why i would get that because my data plan is unlimited. ok... i hang up

Next day, while trying to run my business, my aircard gets shut off, now I'm DAMN PISSED OFF. i call up AT&T again, the guy i speak with says they don't offer any unlimited plans and all the other information ive been told is incorrect. So i was lied to twice when signing up for the data card & data plan, then once again when finding out why im getting data overage emails. i proceed to let him know how I feel about AT&T slipping their customers the big one and basically his best answer was take the new plan where i get charged .05 per MB over 5 GB or opt out of my contract (im sure with penalties). Knowing the other companies most likely don't have unlimited plans anymore either, couple that with the fact I'm locked into a new 2 year contract and just bought a $100.00 aircard, I take the upgraded plan and let him know how much I appreciate AT&T backdooring (replace with explitive) me and I'm sure their other valued customers.

Rot in hell AT&T

:firing: AT&T

:rant:

Verizon unlimited plan ended on July 7th, but those with it before the deadline are grandfathered in. My wife got onto it at the end of June and it has been good to us so far.

AT&T has always had bad customer service issues in my opinion. Even when they came out with the I-phone, I told them to stick it and there is no way I would get AT&T over Verizon. I travel the country a lot, and the globe a couple times a year and Verizon has always been there for us. They are expensive, but I am willing to pay as long as I get the service I signed up for.

You can revert back to your pre upgrade status then buy a aircard at retail which normally $250, that way you can keep your unlimited plan.

Sent from my Thunderbolt!

Sprint is the only one with unlimited anymore, Its cause it doesnt work anywhere to use the data.:moon: I have verizon with the unlimited, but there service is azz and there support is no better. Its a lose lose situation anymore. 3g doesnt work well and am told to get a 4g lte phone it will be faster, to bad 4g wont be in my area till the end of 2013...lol.. They dont care because people are stuck with them either way. Like in lethal weapon, "They Fukc ya with the cell phones" !

Sprint is the only one with unlimited anymore, Its cause it doesnt work anywhere to use the data.:moon: I have verizon with the unlimited, but there service is azz and there support is no better. Its a lose lose situation anymore. 3g doesnt work well and am told to get a 4g lte phone it will be faster, to bad 4g wont be in my area till the end of 2013...lol.. They dont care because people are stuck with them either way. Like in lethal weapon, "They Fukc ya with the cell phones" !

It all depends on location. Sprint pwnes At&t here for coverage and signal strength. I'm COMPLETELY satisfied with Sprint. I'll never go back to At&t cellular. I use their internet for home and their U-verse for tv, but I'll never go back to their phones.. :banghead:

Back