I didnt think this got the PRESS it shoulda have.....

screamin kanji

Donating Member
Registered
I want this to be soooo wide spread that it gets back to Denzel Washington, him self. THANK YOU!!!! I'm a veteran, and now a Government Employee.

The Media (Accidently?) Missed this one!!!!

Don't know whether you heard about this
but Denzel Washington and his family visited
the troops at Brook Army Medical Center , in
San Antonio , Texas (BAMC) the other day. This
is where soldiers who have been evacuated from
Germany come to be hospitalized in the United
States, especially burn victims There are some
buildings there called Fisher Houses. The Fisher
House is a Hotel where soldiers' families can stay,
for little or no charge, while their soldier is staying
on base, but as you can imagine, they are almost filled
most of the time.

While Denzel Washington was visiting BAMC, they gave
him a tour of one of the Fisher Houses. He asked how much one of them would cost to build.
He took his cheque book out and wrote a cheque for the full amount right there
on the spot. The soldiers overseas were amazed to hear
this story and want to get the word out to the American
public, because it warmed their hearts to hear it

The question is - why do:
Britney Spears Madonna
Tom Cruise and
other Hollywood fluff
make front page news with their ridiculous
antics and Denzel Washington's charity
doesn't even make page 3 in the Metro section of
any newspaper except the local newspaper in San Antonio.

This needs wide distribution.
Share it!

He was already one of my favorite actors !! I can't think of any movie he was in that I didn't like, and out of my favorite 10 movies, he's in like 5 of them. Now you here stuff like this, and it makes you like them that much more !!!!:bowdown:

This partially accurate account happened nearly five years ago. Let me guess, someone sent it to you in an email?

I wasn't aware of the story. I like Denzel as an actor and he seems to be a decent person. Glad to hear the positive things he has done, especially for the men and women that serve this country and their families. :bowdown:

Old or not. paritialy true. The fact is he did donate enough for a new building. CLASS ACT ALL THE WAY. He's always been a all time favorite actor of mine.

Old or not. paritialy true. The fact is he did donate enough for a new building. CLASS ACT ALL THE WAY. He's always been a all time favorite actor of mine.

Not to detract from what he did, because it is still quite generous, but...

Coker said Washington did in fact make a sizeable donation to Fisher House several months after his visit to BAMC. He declined to comment on the size of the donation, but it was not enough to build a new Fisher House.

Yes, I got it in an email. so??????!!! If this IS a repost....SO????!!!!!! DID YOU READ tehe title of this post??????? IT DIDNT RECIEVE THE PRESS IT SHOUD HAVE. For some that didnt catch the message " Tom Cruise, Madonna, Britney havent made a donation to our military like Denzel did. Should I explain more in detail???????

Back