I can't solve overheating with modified busa. Help please

That isn't really how cooling systems work. The thermostat will be wide open once the coolant is at a temperature where it is capable to boil. The job of a thermostat is to increase the temperature of the coolant so the engine is at operating temperature. Once the coolant is at operating temperature, the thermostat no longer has a job, unless the heat generation decreases and the coolant temp drops. Slowing the flow of the heat transfer medium (coolant) will not make it transfer more heat overall.
Let me add more, a thermostat can open wider past it's temp rating when a higher heat load from the engine is produced. The radiator cap will increase the boiling point of the coolant past 212 degrees due to it's pressure rating too. A faulty radiator cap can allow coolant into the over flow tank when the engine is not even over heating while some may think it is.

20230522_181409-jpg.jpg
Here's my theory. The radiator had air in the system and the engine started to over heat as the coolant got hotter and hotter to the point the themo bulb expanded to the point of damaging the thermostat as in the picture. Thermo runaway.

Last edited:
Back