I cant do it anymore,.. I don't fit in!

BUBBA

Foghoon Leghoon
Donating Member
Registered
I had to use the wife's truck to go to work today and realized how much I don't know about driving anymore. I stood out like a sore thumb!

I first noticed that I did not have the equipment needed to drive. I was the only one around that did not have an electronic device pushed or plugged into my head hole.
To try and blend in with the other cagers, I promptly produced a cell phone (with a dead batt) and stuck it to my ear, and began to move my lips as if I was having a very important conversation. I was very convincing as people started to pay less attention to me and dove into their own conversations. After a moment I then stepped it up a bit and placed the device in front of me like a pro on a speaker phone.

This was also convincing but just not quite enough to fully “blendâ€￾, so I went up a notch and decided to count from 1 to 10 using the touch pad on the phone without looking up at all. This will take much practice and I made it to 4 one time. How they do this and drive so safe I may never fully be able to master.

It was here that I said to myself, there has to be more I can do and I had to bring it to the next level. I chose to ditch using the turn signal Completely!
What was I thinking, of course they still see me with that awful flashing light distracting them from their business of driving so nicely.
Since I was over a mile from the house I decided to get on the freeway and stay in the right hand lane and do the posted 65mph speed limit. This lasted until I remembered I was not towing a Ramp behind me. Seems that 65 is the new 35 and you will not get anywhere at that speed!

When I exited the freeway, I made a major mistake and came to a full stop at the red suggestion sign, I recovered quickly by pretending that I had dropped my phone and everyone seemed to understand.

I seemed to be getting the hang of this but still need much practice at reading between the lanes, and knowing all the little things that will help me to become a normal cager (sorry, that is so derogatory, I mean Driver). One thing I need to do, is understand that the signs and writings on the road are merely there for reference only for those of us that have little or no experience.

I realize now that there is so much more to driving than meets the eye and I will try to practice more as I can.
The next time I am in a cage, sorry, I mean Driving, I will try to pay less attention to the others on the road and truly concentrate on the important aspects of this sport.

I think I will try getting into the Carpool lane, while crossing the double yellow line and do 60 mph while applying “GuyLinerâ€￾ and reading a legal document or a Script.
I know the Org will help me and give me pointers on the other things I need to be doing in order to be a more conscious cager oops, Driver.

Thanks in advance for your support,
Bubba

Next Look in your side view mirror. Change Lanes while I am right beside you on my Boulevard.............Then Flip Me Off as I give you the Bird First. Then shake your head while still talkin in your Cell Phone :rulez:

Lol!! I love it! I see these people everday.....Oh wait....We see the same ones since we are in the same area! Hopefully this doesn't spread to the hooons! I would hate to see one going down the highway texting on his Iphone! :whistle:

Thanks for the 'warning' Bubba...funny as it is to the 'untrained eye,' I believe every word of it.

Ya hoon.

My advice: Get some Frothiato Machivalleaniato smoothie soy Flatte (only available in SoCal) from Starbucks to give your story some credibility.

:rofl:

Ahem...I mean <sheesh> :beerchug:

Next Look in your side view mirror. Change Lanes while I am right beside you on my Boulevard.............Then Flip Me Off as I give you the Bird First. Then shake your head while still talkin in your Cell Phone :rulez:

Unfortunately there were no Bikes around for me to get any Target practice on!
Maybe next time.:laugh:

Is that spelled right? :laugh:

My spell check can't find it.

Yes, it's spelled correctly...I just sent the signed contract to Seattle for Starbucks (they bought the rights to those words from me).

You'll have to come to SoyCal and have one...

MMmmMmmMMm... good cracker

Bubba,
Sounds like you've started to get the gist of the beginner tasks. When you've mastered these skills at interstate speeds (not posted speed limits) then you have truely have what it takes to drive a cage.

Another tip: Avoid looking at side mirrors and glancing to the sides when changing lanes. After all, if they're not in front of you and you don't see them, then you're in front and have the right of way.

This may not apply, but if you happen to have mechanical issues keep on driving until it breaks down ... then sit right the F there where it stopped (no hazards, no hood up) and watch the traffic build up behind you. :laugh:

When you drive this what do you expect ?

206d1152480388-favorite-tv-show-sanford-son-truck-today-photo-.jpg

Bubba,
Sounds like you've started to get the gist of the beginner tasks. When you've mastered these skills at interstate speeds (not posted speed limits) then you have truely have what it takes to drive a cage.

Another tip: Avoid looking at side mirrors and glancing to the sides when changing lanes. After all, if they're not in front of you and you don't see them, then you're in front and have the right of way.

This may not apply, but if you happen to have mechanical issues keep on driving until it breaks down ... then sit right the F there where it stopped (no hazards, no hood up) and watch the traffic build up behind you. :laugh:

:laugh: Yes, thanks for the advice I will do this just to test the results, and it will be like a little M&G on the Freeway!

:rofl: thats great Bubba:thumbsup:

You Know it's all true too!

I'm sure you were a very convincing undercover cager today Bubba... As long as no one saw you leaning in the truck and trying to whiteline... :whistle:

thanks, and its so true. but have you masteres the cell phone and eating while driving with one knee? that my friend is a measure of true driving.

also, just yesterday, i was turning left onto taco bell and there were people in the turn lane for the light ahead. I decided to scoot past them, but got caught before i could turn. cager beside me moved forward as to protect his spot in line... :rofl:

thanks, and its so true. but have you masteres the cell phone and eating while driving with one knee? that my friend is a measure of true driving.

also, just yesterday, i was turning left onto taco bell and there were people in the turn lane for the light ahead. I decided to scoot past them, but got caught before i could turn. cager beside me moved forward as to protect his spot in line... :rofl:

Eating!! Man I forgot to mention that, I saw a guy with an In-and-Out 4X4 in his mouth, his middle finger giving me the "Wave" and a Blue tooth in his ear talking the entire time, and in the other hand was a Coke! He was driving with his knees and going line to line, He scared the Bejeezus out me!
He must have been a true Master of good driving!

Great post Bubba!

Pretty much nails it on the head. That's why we have to be so careful out there.

"4 wheels move your body....2 wheels move your soul"

i will keel u now....

Back