Hydro Graphics

Lunchy

Registered
Anyone tried their hand at this? Was thinking of powder coating my rims black, but after seeing some wheels done (car) with carbon fiber design, got me thinking. I wonder how it would look, and how well it would turn out? Thoughts?

Last edited by a moderator:
I have some parts in my Busa done. Not wheels though but here's a pic of my exhaust done.

image-3053977839.jpg

I've put some heat cycles through it too and no cracking or peeling yet. Not sure yet how it will do once rocks and fine sand and pebbles start beating in it though.

image-3053977839.jpg

I have some parts in my Busa done. Not wheels though but here's a pic of my exhaust done.

View attachment 280516

I've put some heat cycles through it too and no cracking or peeling yet. Not sure yet how it will do once rocks and fine sand and pebbles start beating in it though.
Nice nice. How do you think it would work with a wheel. Where you get it? How hard you think it would be to take off (on purpose)?

Nice nice. How do you think it would work with a wheel. Where you get it? How hard you think it would be to take off (on purpose)?
I think it would work great on a wheel. My only concern is will rocks create nicks from hitting it at high speeds. It seems to be up there pretty good and I even used a rubber mallet to tap the end of the pipe to get that last 1/4 inch in place and no chips or anything. Mine were done by Andrew Coty. He's on Facebook. He can do different colors as well. This is black with gold carbon.

I've seen a few busas with race bodywork that was hydro dipped. Looked pretty damn trick :thumbsup:

I've seen a few bike done and it is sweet . One done in a wood burl look and another with all kind of parts done in a gixxer orangish carbon fiber .

I've heard it was pretty cool. The hard part I'd think about a bike wheel is that you have to do BOTH sides without getting anything on the OTHER side....

Lycan6 how does it hold up to the heat on your pipe
I had a chance to ride it in Sunday not far but I got a couple pull and let the turbo spool up a few times and got back home and it looks just as it did before. So for now heat is not an issue.

Back