Wheel colors

bump.gif
Any word yet brother??

So got the wheels back the color a little darker than I thought... but its growing on me... looks good

they installed new bearings... sandblasted.. powder coated... Re/Re tires $235.00 OTD

at work now will post up pics tonight for you guys

I just did my wheels. I got chrome and used the alsa clear 4 chrome or polished, you can add candy into the clear and it comes out sweet. It was alot cheaper then PC. I would just save up for the chrome wheels they were 575 and then the clear for the wheels was 280. If you get your wheels powder coated its gonna be about 500 unless you can get a good deal somewhere. Either way they would look sweet....

2247177999_91a45234a9.jpg

2247975024_8f830db662.jpg
I can powdercoat 2 wheels and cush drive for $300.

One problem with paint is that it WILL chip. not so easy with powder unless you use paint stripper or really strong sandblasting media.

I just did my wheels. I got chrome and used the alsa clear 4 chrome or polished, you can add candy into the clear and it comes out sweet. It was alot cheaper then PC. I would just save up for the chrome wheels they were 575 and then the clear for the wheels was 280. If you get your wheels powder coated its gonna be about 500 unless you can get a good deal somewhere. Either way they would look sweet....

I can powdercoat 2 wheels and cush drive for $300.    

One problem with paint is that it WILL chip. not so easy with powder unless you use paint stripper or really strong sandblasting media.
Damn wish i knew that. i would like PC but everywhere around here was $500 or more to do just the spokes. They said it was a little cheaper to do the whole wheel b/c of no masking....

with my wheels getting powder coated... there were only 6000 miles on the wheels... they said they had to pull the bearings... and when they do that... they have to replace bearings

is it a money grab or are they not salvageable after being pulled?
rock.gif

and sorry for no pics still ... camera is at work still

Bearings MUST be puller prior to sand blasting and powdercoating. sand inside the bearings and them exposure for 400 degree is not a good thing for them. Obviously..
smile.gif

They can be reused and I`d do that with inspection first of course. Bearings can last lifetime of any motorcycle if serviced properly.

Do you wanna sell these? I need a set like that

well here they are sorry took so long... couldn't get camera

the flash was pretty bright... ill have to take another with them on the bike and outside in the sun

second pic gives you an idea... they are pretty deep red almost burgundy... between the color of pazzo red and the bike

look better than I thought, wish I could afford the chrome as in the wheels above...

total cost was 237.00 cash in the end

wheels.jpg

Back