Hugger

memorex

Registered
I just recieve my hugger without any mounting hardware. Thats probably why it was on sale.

Anyway I was wondering on what to use to mount it.

What kind of hugger is it? Pics would help. Does it use the chainguard mount?

Dude throw it in the garbage. Thats where mine ended up.

If you want to slow the process. go to the store and get you some of them plugs that go into screw holes. and push them in place where the chainguard screwholes are.

There should be two holes on the chain side that match the chain guard and zip tie the other side and Put double sided velcro in the front. Make sure you clear the tire.

Don't throw it out. Its cheap but it can be used. Go to an auto parts store and get some 3M double sided trim tape. You'll have to cut three pieces for each side of the Hugger. I would use some rubbing alcohol on both surfaces to remove oil and dirt first. Then apply it to the hugger. Then line it up to the swing arm to make sure it will make contact well and then remove the tape and apply the hugger with some good force. Be careful that it is lined up right before you apply it because this stuff is hard to get off. This is what I did on my bike. Just make sure it will make good contact with the swing arm. Mine sits flush with the swing arm so if yours doesn't it might not be a good choice. I bought a cheap hugger like yours and was not willing to put holes in my swing arm for a 50 dollar part. Also if your worried about removing it in the future it can be done. If I remember I'll post some pics of mine.

Don't throw it out.  Its cheap but it can be used.  Go to an auto parts store and get some 3M double sided trim tape.  You'll have to cut three pieces for each side of the Hugger.  I would use some rubbing alcohol on both surfaces to remove oil and dirt first.  Then apply it to the hugger. Then line it up to the swing arm to make sure it will make contact well and then remove the tape and apply the hugger with some good force.  Be careful that it is lined up right before you apply it because this stuff is hard to get off.  This is what I did on my bike.  Just make sure it will make good contact with the swing arm.  Mine sits flush with the swing arm so if yours doesn't it might not be a good choice.  I bought a cheap hugger like yours and was not willing to put holes in my swing arm for a 50 dollar part.  Also if your worried about removing it in the future it can be done.  If I remember I'll post some pics of mine.
I was wondering about doing something like that. Maybe even some type of epoxy? I was feeling the same way about putting holes in my frame.

Back