Hugger or Not? Pro's cons??

TorontoBusa

Donating Member
Registered
I have nice clean undertail, and thinking about a Hugger.

Interested in opinions, looks with/without?

Tire I think looks bigger without

Had a clean look with a hugger.

On the fence.

Would really appreciate some pro's/cons, and if any one has some pic's, would be great to see!

Thanks!

If you have a decent undertail, the hugger will prevent chips and stuff by keeping rocks and road debrie away from your undertail...
There are huggers out there that you don't have to drill the swingarm to install - not a bad investment to keep your scoot looking good...

Without the stock tail, I like a hugger (Carbon Fiber of Choice) . It makes the rear end look complete and without one, I think it makes the bike look like something is missing. Just my opinion  
beerchug.gif

only problem I have heard is that you cant have one if your bike is lowered.... otherwise they do look great
beerchug.gif

I had one for a while, but took it off as I opted for the "clean look". Here's a pic, but because of the HMF hi-mounts, all you can see is the chain gaurd part of it...

Totally_Busafied.JPG

(zukracer @ May 11 2007,16:41) only problem I have heard is that you cant have one if your bike is lowered.... otherwise they do look great  
beerchug.gif
I had my bike lowered with the hugger never had a problem?

Depending on the hugger, undertail, and how much it is lowered, it can hit. I have to limit how low I go at the drag strip because of mine.

I think that huggers are essential to maintaining an after market undertail. It's true that the area being protected isn't normally seen. They look pretty good too. I still have my stock shovel.

RearPD__Small_.JPG

Why not skip the hugger and go with a 3M vinyl material (like Tank Slappers) for protection? Easy to clean and cheap enough to replace every couple of years.

(Turbo-Torch @ May 11 2007,15:28) Why not skip the hugger and go with a 3M vinyl material (like Tank Slappers) for protection?  Easy to clean and cheap enough to replace every couple of years.
That's a great idea!

Saves the weight, the cost, maintains the "big wheel clean look"

P.S. I was thinking about putting some of that stuff on the hump if it can be done, hard not to touch with full leathers and racing boots!

I like the complete look. And yes, it does keep your undertail clean. Not to mention, you can get a ticket for not having something on your bike that will deflect rocks from coming off your back tire.

100_0420__Medium_.JPG

Back