Hugger installation probs

Don Hardcastle

Busa Ridin' Sailor (ret)
Donating Member
Registered
I did some trading with GSXRFANN, great guy to deal with. I got a hugger from him, the Roco design. Unless I am mistaken, I have to remove the rear plastic, the undertail, the HMF high mount cans, so that I can remove the HMF hatchett brackets so that I can get the hugger in there. Am I missing something or does anyone have a better idea?

Don

Don,
Have you lowered Guinevere? I ask because I just picked up one of these but don't have it yet... I currently have my tail off, but I am trying to understand why you wouldn't just roll it over the tire and behind?

Can you post pics of what is preventing you from sliding it in?

Is this the one that clips over the right swingarm and replaces the chain guard allowing you to attach using the original chain guard holes
rock.gif

(MC MUSTANG @ Feb. 27 2007,21:36) Don,
Have you lowered Guinevere?  I ask because I just picked up one of these but don't have it yet...  I currently have my tail off, but I am trying to understand why you wouldn't just roll it over the tire and behind?

As I slide it from the back, the hugger hits the hatchet brackets. I just realized that if support the bike and disconnect the dog bones it will be much easier than disassembling the entire back of the bike.

Don

(dadofthree @ Feb. 27 2007,21:41) Is this the one that clips over the right swingarm and replaces the chain guard allowing you to attach using the original chain guard holes  
rock.gif
Yes

(USN05LE @ Feb. 27 2007,21:41)
Have you lowered Guinevere?  I ask because I just picked up one of these but don't have it yet...  I currently have my tail off, but I am trying to understand why you wouldn't just roll it over the tire and behind?

As I slide it from the back, the hugger hits the hatchet brackets.  I just realized that if support the bike and disconnect the dog bones it will be much easier than disassembling the entire back of the bike.

Don
That's why I was asking if you had lowered her
wink.gif

(MC MUSTANG @ Feb. 27 2007,21:42)
(USN05LE @ Feb. 27 2007,21:41)

As I slide it from the back, the hugger hits the hatchet brackets.  I just realized that if support the bike and disconnect the dog bones it will be much easier than disassembling the entire back of the bike.

Don
That's why I was asking if you had lowered her  
wink.gif
Oops missed that. No sir, she is not lowered.

Don

Should be able to remove the dog bones and jack her up to slip the hugger in
wink.gif

(USN05LE @ Feb. 27 2007,22:42)
(dadofthree @ Feb. 27 2007,21:41) Is this the one that clips over the right swingarm and replaces the chain guard allowing you to attach using the original chain guard holes
rock.gif
Yes
Cool, carbon fiber, black or what
rock.gif

rock.gif

Or you could remove the rear wheel and install the hugger.

(dadofthree @ Feb. 27 2007,21:50)
(USN05LE @ Feb. 27 2007,22:42)
rock.gif
Yes
Cool, carbon fiber, black or what
rock.gif
It will be black to match the frame after I get it painted.

Don

rock.gif

Back