How would YOU feel about this?

I understand the issue...just think that cell phones are one of the greatest inventions of all time.

Also believe that it has become something that most people CAN'T live without...very sad :(

Cell phones are overrated. "Fast food" style communications for the modern A.D.D. EMO generation that forgets they are NOT something your body was born with and, therefore, they are not really needed. Family emergencies were somehow handled fine before cell phones, kids somehow knew how to make plans before cell phones, grocery shoppers knew how to make lists of needs before cell phones, people used to communicate using full sentances consisting of relavant conversations before instant talk and instant message. They interrupt you when you don't need to be interrupted. People think it is like a backup liver or something. It's not.

I eliminated my cell leash 2 years ago and have been grinning ever since. I highly recommend it to people. It forces your friends to take accountability for their planning. Makes you think more and plan ahead better. It's WAY EASIER to spot this destructive addiction when you are clear and free of it. I was a 24/hr user much like everyone. But I've been set free.

We are a lazy, convenience based country and we are too busy to figure out why. One reason is Cell phones, but we can't see it because we are too BUSY with them.

Maybe it IS a great invention, but if people "Can't live without it" I would step up and say it's more damaging than good. The part that SEEMS good, IS the part that is damaging. Sort of like if we could eat cotton candy 24/7... seems like it would be heaven, right?

Wake up, Neo... the Matrix has you

Cell phones are overrated. "Fast food" style communications for the modern A.D.D. EMO generation that forgets they are NOT something your body was born with and, therefore, they are not really needed. Family emergencies were somehow handled fine before cell phones, kids somehow knew how to make plans before cell phones, grocery shoppers knew how to make lists of needs before cell phones, people used to communicate using full sentances consisting of relavant conversations before instant talk and instant message. They interrupt you when you don't need to be interrupted. People think it is like a backup liver or something. It's not.

I eliminated my cell leash 2 years ago and have been grinning ever since. I highly recommend it to people. It forces your friends to take accountability for their planning. Makes you think more and plan ahead better. It's WAY EASIER to spot this destructive addiction when you are clear and free of it. I was a 24/hr user much like everyone. But I've been set free.

We are a lazy, convenience based country and we are too busy to figure out why. One reason is Cell phones, but we can't see it because we are too BUSY with them.

Maybe it IS a great invention, but if people "Can't live without it" I would step up and say it's more damaging than good. The part that SEEMS good, IS the part that is damaging. Sort of like if we could eat cotton candy 24/7... seems like it would be heaven, right?

Wake up, Neo... the Matrix has you

The truth us spoken here!!!!

Cell phones overrated? Try being on a train all day, every day only home one day/week. Now do that without having a cell phone. It's hard for non railroaders to comprehend what we do and how we live and how many hours we spend away from home. My mobile to mobile minutes are around 4,000 every month. How else are we supposed to have any contact with family if we have no cell phone? Overrated my ass

Well my .02 is IF you can be gotten ahold of for emergencies without your cell phone than you dont NEED it. I'm going through a little bit of this at work. However their phones arent endangering anyone but they do spend TOO much time texting and talking instead of working.

It's a shame it has to come to this. I personally dont have a problem with personal calls being made EVERY NOW AND THEN. But if it's happening every hour I want to get their phone records and add up the minutes and deduct it from their paycks.

We don't have an 8 to 5 job. I'm gone from home 34 to 40 hours at a time thus I will take it with me.

r8

We don't have an 8 to 5 job. I'm gone from home 34 to 40 hours at a time thus I will take it with me.

r8

total dif. scenario than I am faced with. In your case it's assanine to tell you you cant have a cell phone. No way they will get far with that.:banghead:

I give my employees $12 per month to subsidize their bill since they use them when on call too.

Don't ask me how we determined that $12 was the right amount. They suggested it and the c-suite approved it

Cell phones overrated? Try being on a train all day, every day only home one day/week. Now do that without having a cell phone. It's hard for non railroaders to comprehend what we do and how we live and how many hours we spend away from home. My mobile to mobile minutes are around 4,000 every month. How else are we supposed to have any contact with family if we have no cell phone? Overrated my ass

and if you had no cell phone? Maybe you would be driven to quit that job and get one that lets you BE with your family PHYSICALLY rather than just CONNECTING to them.

It's an ENABLER.

It's deeper that it is perceived. Causing more problems than not.

Your family.... ANY FAMILY... needs to be "a family" and not a physically disconnected entity. That is no longer a "family".

I know that sounds extreme, but if family is REALLY important to you, fix it RIGHT. Don't patch with an enabler.

SAMBUSA I'm not picking on you here, just using the example to stress the point. Cool? :)

well i am doing commercial stuff right now for a retirement facility as long as i am in the room or outside i can do what ever i dont use it in the facility out of respect

company has a right to ask to see your phone to see if calls were made during work time. Employee has the right to say no.
Employee has right to find another job.
I just wish cell phones would only dial 911 on an interstate during rush hour traffic.
we would all be a lot safer.

and if you had no cell phone? Maybe you would be driven to quit that job and get one that lets you BE with your family PHYSICALLY rather than just CONNECTING to them.

It's an ENABLER.

It's deeper that it is perceived. Causing more problems than not.

Your family.... ANY FAMILY... needs to be "a family" and not a physically disconnected entity. That is no longer a "family".

I know that sounds extreme, but if family is REALLY important to you, fix it RIGHT. Don't patch with an enabler.

SAMBUSA I'm not picking on you here, just using the example to stress the point. Cool? :)

Now tell me where I would get a job with a HS diploma making what I make at the RR? My kids wont live in the slums like I did.

And yeah, we're cool. I know what you are trying to say but that just doesn't work today. 20 years ago, maybe.

I'm appalled.

I'm sure there are some jobs which might require such stringent rules; but I don't know of any of them. Sorry for you, for this, brother.

I sit here all day, texting, chatting online and on my phone, posting on the .oRg; no problems. I just called my Mom (Missouri) from the company phone, too. As long as I get my work done flawlessly, as long as I continue to be creative in ways to save the company money and promote the objectives of said company, as long as I am a VALUE to them, in every way, it's in their best interest to keep me happy! ...and to leave me to my own maturity.

Wow. Reminiscent of a police state.

Guess I'm really lucky, then.

Im with Scar on this one...that place sucks, I have a wife and kids, and I can be modest and keep it in the pocket on vibrate, hell I will even go to the bathroom to answer it if I have to, but to be disconnected when you have a family? Thats just nuts, I'd say fug em and leave, and like Scar said, good luck trying to find someone else who can bring what I can.... cause Im the SHID HOMEY:rofl::rofl:

I do not think they have the right to audit the phone logs on your personal cell phone. They do have the right to prohibit carrying a personal cell phone. Now if they are providing and paying for the phone for company use, then they have a usage policy you must follow and hane the right to audit the usage. A place I used to work at had a $10 per call fine if they caught you making personal calls on company equipment.

Back