How would YOU feel about this?

I understand the issue...just think that cell phones are one of the greatest inventions of all time.

Also believe that it has become something that most people CAN'T live without...very sad :(

As of today there is no mention by Directive that your phone can be searched by a Company Official.

Tomorrow is a different day.

Thanks for all the replies. Some great. Some surprising.

r8

Cell phones are great, i guess. Seems like every time i get started doing something someone wants to call. It irritates the crap out of me. Most of the time mine stays in my toolbox turned off. I'm on commition so if i'm not working i'm not getting paid. Like rite now.

I will count myself one of the fortunate individuals that do have these type of restrictions. My company provides me with mobile device, or will pay the monthly subscription if I provided my own. I also have a laptop with an air card that I use as my own. Make no mistake about it, both items are theirs and and subject to search whenever they want. However, they do not restrict its use and as long as I take care of my customers and keep my nose clean, I am safe to come and go as I please and use the equipment provided to me however I see fit, as long as I dont cross the line. Professionalism and responsibility have to play a role somewhere. My sentiments apply to me and what I do, not to others that have sensitive positions, such as Chris who is not allowed a cell phone in his profession while on the job.
I also can translate this to certain types of clothing allowed or disallowed while on the job. In my industry, I must wear appropriate footwear and fire proof clothing. Do it or find another job. Its the :rulez:.

Time to take out another policy. BRCF & LECMPA

Psst...I posted this from work

If its a company issued phone, then I can see their point of it being their property. But reach for MY phone and you'll get your arm broke and your A$# sued. But I don't usually take calls at work or text buddies all day, so if someone is calling me, then its usually important.

Matter of time is right. The EO just came across the fax. They can suck on my sack. Once again, posting from work

If its a company issued phone, then I can see their point of it being their property. But reach for MY phone and you'll get your arm broke and your A$# sued. But I don't usually take calls at work or text buddies all day, so if someone is calling me, then its usually important.

+1

No employer has the right to go through my personal phone logs.

It's not the employer that issued the EO. It's the Fed's. And they can do just about what they want. All we can do is comply,then grieve.

Thar's cool for you, but I still have another 30 years til I hit retirement age. :banghead:

Back