How to use a lanch master?

nodnil

Registered
I wanted to get something to help me leave the hole a lot quicker so I found out about the launch master. How exactly does it operate and is it safe because my friend say if ur bike wheelies it will and if it burns it will and I'm really scared of wheeling out the hole when I have the throttle pinned to max. I honestly think u would end up on my back. I have a 07 hayabusa with muzzy full exhaust, & power commander with a 5 in stretch.

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=17.711365,-64.748235

you set the rpm to where you want it. pin the throttle with the clutch engaged and it holds the rpm where you set it.
so say you set it for 7000 rpm. you pull the clutch and pin the throttle. it holds at 7000 until you launch.

with a 5" stretch i dont think your going to wheelie unless your running a true slick. your probably gonna smoke the rear tire though. if i were new to drag racing i would practice launching over and over again the way the bike is. see how it reacts and go from there. when it comes to drag racing there is nothing better than "seat time".

If your not running a bar dont wast your money, I"ve been using one for years but I run a bar and slick, its way to unpredicable for partial throtle launches. only thing thier good for it wot launches.

A launchmaster is a 2 step ignition,, it alternates in the firing of the cylinders when activated so you can hold the throttle wide open at a preset RPM once its deactivated the engine revs up.
If your not running a slider clutch or a multi stage lockup with atleast a 6in over swingarm your wasting your money.
Basically its like sitting at the dragstrip tree... Last yellow lights you go WOT, rpms jumps around 8K rpms and clutch is disengaged.
NO wheelie bar, no multistage or slider clutch or 6+ over swingarm = disaster

Back