More than one master link in chain?

nodnil

Registered
I stretched my bike and my chain was to long and the chain stretched out on its own and I had to cut it. When I cut it, I did it to short and now I'm stuck with like a 3 inch stretch. I still have the links of chain. And I was wondering if it's safe to use more than one master link on my chain so I don't have to buy a new chain

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=17.726017,-64.794839

Can you? Yes

Would I? No

Reason: Buying a new chain costs a lot less than a new engine case, or leg surgery.

If it is done correctly there shouldn't be a problem. Actually at the moment I have 2 master links on mine and haven't had a problem.

If it is done correctly there shouldn't be a problem. Actually at the moment I have 2 master links on mine and haven't had a problem.

You are correct. The master link is just as strong as any other link, same pin size and plates etc. And if done correctly it should be fine. I just have very little personal safety margins when it comes to chains. For example, I refuse to use a clip link, and have put a $200 chain on the shelf when I couldn't find the proper link.

Back