how to make oil return line

bubba_zenetti

Registered
can anyone tell me what sort of AN fitting i would need to build the oil return from the turbo to the oil pan?

also, has anyone ever attempt welding a bung to the oil pan and threading it for a 90 degree AN fitting? did it work out well? it would seem that welding a bung to a cast pan would be tricky yes?

all of the kit mods i have seen require you to drill the oil pan and use some sort of bulkhead fitting. i am a bit paranoid that something like that could come loose and dump oil everywhere.

thoughts or ideas?

the bulkhead ideal has been around for a long time, you will use the same method for the gas lines. done right it will hold up.

so with a bulkhead fitting do i just pick one (letss ay a 6AN) then use a sealing washer on both sides with a nut?

also, what size fitting should i use for the return line?

i might have an extra return line you could work with if you need one, if so pm me

I had a AN fitting welded to the front of my oil pan.

DSC01976c.jpg

They make an fittings with a smaller od thread oposite the hose end for easier fitting,and the id is the same dia all the way through. I think that it is for a holly carb.

well hell, thanks for all the tips guys but it looks like rcc has a ready made an fitting for $30. since i am a lazy bastard, i am going to buy as much stuff as i can that is ready made.

i spend all day working on other peoples bikes for a living. the last thing i want to do is work on mine
laugh.gif
but i need boost now!
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Back