how to make her run cooler?

jch364

Registered
ok. so last year when I was at the track i let her get a little hot. I did a few hot runs and she got hotter than i like.. I dont have the means to have a generator and fans between runs right now so I was trying to think of what I could do to the bike. Right now all I have done is to use engine ice. THis is what I was thinking.
I thought of getting the lower temp cooling switch and a muzzy blade first. as a last resort i would add a second fan. all from schnitz ... does this make sense? how good would this work to keep it cooler at the strip?

All the things you mentioned are good ideas. How "hot" was it getting. If it wasn't overheating maybe there isnt a problem. Perhaps your sweating something you don't need to.

I would say start with the dual fans and use straight water and waterwetter. Then go with the honda fan switch. The other option is to go with an electric water pump. These aren't cheap but at least you can keep circulating the coolant so you don't heat soak the engine after each pass.

Distilled Water----It has a higher boiling point than tap water
Water Wetter---Use the entire bottle
Dual fans--connect one to the fan switch and one to a toggel switch that way you can turn at least one of thm one whenever you want.
Clean your Radiator. They get pretty dirty over the years.

I do use engine ice already. ups arrived today and delivered the muzzy blade and the temp switch. Im going to see if this will be enough. I just have to resist doing more than 3 back to back runs without a rest. Its when i did more than 3 that it got hotter than i am comfortable with...

I would suggest running straight water wetter or engine ice and the dual fan setup. Like you I already run straight water wetter, because of the high temps that we get here during the day in Phoenix. This summer I am gonna do the dual fan setup with a muzzy blade in it and see how she does. What does the temp switch do?

I use the Muzzy blades. I also put in a water temp gauge so i know actual temps of the water. very easy and i highly reccomend. The stock temp gauge has 3 settings, low, med, high, not good enough for drag racing. if i have heat issues this summer (never got hot enough last summer) im going to a second fan.

Back