How To Keep Your Busa From "OverHeating"

I guess when...

"if your bike isn't fast, the Chesseman didn't touch it
Johnnycheese Performance
512-990-0686

you can't even spell your own name the same way twice in your own spammed out tagline advertisement that there's a lot of things in this world that one might find a tad confusing.
laugh.gif

L8R, Bill.
cool.gif

how hot are your bikes getting?
if mine gets just a tick over the half line the fan comes on and it goes just below the half line. Its never been any hotter than that

if mine gets just a tick over the half line the fan comes on and it goes just below the half line. Its never been any hotter than that
After 20 minutes in traffic ( snail's pace ) my temp gauge was to the red and the light came on. Don't need it getting any hotter than that! I know I have a problem somewhere, but I share it with three other Busa's I rode over with because they got just as hot just as fast so I know it's not just mine. I'll do this mod and see if it gets better. If not, I'm out $10. If it helps, it saved me from the same fate as my buddy who is getting his engine rebuilt because it got so Dang hot it his motor failed. Don't know what all happened to it but the dealership is estimating the damage at around $1300. Hopefully it will be covered under warranty.

After 20 minutes in traffic ( snail's pace ) my temp gauge was to the red and the light came on. Don't need it getting any hotter than that! I know I have a problem somewhere, but I share it with three other Busa's I rode over with because they got just as hot just as fast so I know it's not just mine. I'll do this mod and see if it gets better. If not, I'm out $10. If it helps, it saved me from the same fate as my buddy who is getting his engine rebuilt because it got so Dang hot it his motor failed. Don't know what all happened to it but the dealership is estimating the damage at around $1300. Hopefully it will be covered under warranty.
the point I am making is......... that sensor will NOT make your bike run HOT PERIOD! it will leanout the bike but that is what it is suppose to do.
what is making your bike hot and leaning it out is sitting not moving.
Is the mod worth the time? depends if ytou have a PC2 yes, if you have a PC3 no.
A muzzy fan blade is a better mod that this is.
Jixster I did the name thing on purpose and guess what after 6 months you are the FIRST to spot it. I am Impressed!!!!

Ya know if a mod is incorrect or applies only to a certain year bike, a simple correction from a seasoned board member/professional mechanic is really all that is needed.
Slammin the guy for his post Just seems out of line.

<!--EDIT|paineless4u
Reason for Edit: None given...|1111818158 -->

Mine doesn't overheat in traffic at all when sitting on the trailer.:laugh:

Johnnycheese...

"Jixster I did the name thing on purpose and guess what after 6 months you are the FIRST to spot it. I am Impressed!!!!"

So basically..your telling me that ya screw up on purpose just to see if anybody else will take notice???....and to boot you're also a engine wrench???....damn if that ain't convenient!!! LOL!!!..kinda like being a born again christian everytime someones engine blows eh!!! LOL!!!

If anybody has any questions your just dumb!!!!

Awsome post - hell thats better than having the repair manual!!

Good job

Thanks,
Patrick
well I knew it, all talk and stupid aswell
yet no one can answer this question
Oh settle down man - I say it will help with hot soak start but thats it. The temp gauge works off of another sensor behind the throttle bodies not the one in the air box. I though it was very easy to understand his mod with all the pics-he worked very hard to limit any confusion and maybe I should of posted a picture of what I was trying to say so johnny cheese did'nt get confused - just kidding dude-

Don't start beating on me okay?

tounge.gif

Patrick

<!--EDIT|Black&amp;Bluebusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1111796095 -->

Hi guys!

A new guy here, with the same problem as everyone else..

So, ive got a '07 busa with 10k miles on it. Have a problem with overheating:
- The fan doesnt come ON no matter how high readings the temperature gauge gives. -
The temperature rises only on slow traffic and if the bike is idling. Actually the bike will start overheating if it is idling and the temperature is only about +15c = ~60f. Idle revs are around 900-1000. So what reasons are there for the fan not working correctly? Would need to get this fixed as soon as possible.

I have been reading at least 10 stories about these overheating problems and "solutions" for them, but I havent really found a clear answer to my problem.. So has someone really gotten proven results with this MOD, which Jinkster shared years ago?
If not, then what should i do?

Do you think I should take the bike to a workshop and check if the heating problems have done any damage to the motor, and after that buying another fan and installing it with a switch which i can operate and make the fans go on whenever i want and putting some of that engine ice etc etc? Seems like a lot of work and a lot of cash spend.

thx!
- S

If the fan isn't coming on, its probably either the thermal switch in the radiator or the fan relay.

:poke:You didnt solder and heatshrink that wiring.Bad bad,:poke:In the past I would just hang the IAT outside in the air on some of my modded cars.I dont see an issue with moving it especially inline with the ram air scoop where more cool air will hit it.I had mine tuned and it actually runs cooler now.With a good map in there this wouldnt be a big issue I guess.Mine never gets above half way on the gauge and the fan comes on like clockwork.Put in a toggle switch if you are that worried and why would you continue to ride in these conditions if the fan doesnt work.

:laugh: Just figure out why the fan isn't coming on. Gen I 's will overheat.
I ride with 2 other busas, and we've been stuck in 100 degree weather for 45 minutes of stop and go and none of the bikes had a problem. If your cooling system is in good shape, and working right with no air in the system, these bikes will run like a car in high heat. I get overheated way before the bike does. Best bike I've ever had for heat. Plus these engines are absolute bricks of durability.....

Am I the only one that noticed after he pointed out the error in the cheesemans signature that was done on "purpose" that it is no longer there
:poke: :whistle:

Back