How To Keep Your Busa From "OverHeating"

GMbusa I am going to have the headers and most of the exhaust that is hidden by the fairing inside and out ceramic coated with hyper extreme grey and then heat wrapped, and the midpipe ceramic coated with hyper extreme grey inside and semi-gloss black outside.

Hahahahahaha you bike does not overheat because of that.
And YOUR GUAGE WILL NOT SAY OVERHEAT,if it does you have other problems.
Nice way to scare memebers for no reason. :rolleyes:
what did you do go look at old post from back in 99-00 to find that old fix to fool the computer?
but then again you also believe in fooling the ecu by using a TRE.
The reason for this mod was because the old PC2's fooled this sensor and thus maps would be messed up. anything after 01 didn't need this mod and it was only for bikes that was tring to get the max hp out of it.

What next Jinkster? you going to find the old mod about stacks and think you are smart???
Whats next Jinxter?

I know! Fork braces!

what did you do go look at old post from back in 99-00 to find that old fix to fool the computer?
The reason for this mod was because the old PC2's fooled this sensor and thus maps would be messed up. anything after 01 didn't need this mod and it was only for bikes that was tring to get the max hp out of it.

What next Jinkster? you going to find the old mod about stacks and think you are smart???
Whats next Jinxter?

I know!  Fork braces!
Macbusa....nope...definantly no fork braces!!!!
laugh.gif

But what about a kick@$$ set of alum. billet triples???
biggrin.gif

just teas'in!!!
laugh.gif
I ain't making nuthin for this bike!!!
laugh.gif

Just ain't got it in me...but I would like to be an asset to the board and a valued member.
smile.gif

Meanwhile I'll work for a living and keep the riding part fun!!!
tounge.gif

L8R, Bill.
cool.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Jinkster, i like your idea and will probly do it myself. I thought of another option, how about insulating the the bottom of the sensor in the stock location till i can do the "Jinkster Mod"
biggrin.gif

You think it might work?
I've also contemplated using heat wrap on my header to help the oil/rad cooler.
GMBusa....thqanks bud but to be honest???...just like I've been from the start???...this isn't "MY MOD"...it was just shared with me and evidently has been around for a while now...alls I've done here is to give a graphical rendering of how I personally "Applied It".

I've done nothing great here except to info share as all should in the spirit of good commeraderie.

L8R, Bill.
cool.gif

All vey good but run the sensor below the front nose for the best read.

All vey good but run the sensor below the front nose for the best read.
Okay...I'll bite...where exactly "Below The Nose" and why is this the "Best Read"
rock.gif
.....point being...I'm not just trying to get the sensor to read the absolutre coolest air from the coolest location...I want the sensor to be accurate of the actual incoming temps the engine is recieveing...but i just want it to do so without the sensor itself becoming overheated and delivery fraudulent info to the ecm..but if you have good reason???...I'm wide open here so...please explain.

T.I.A. Bill.
cool.gif

Jinkster,
I have a question. As I undertstand your post, the air inlet temp sensor provides a signal to the ECU change the fuel/air mixture based on the air temp. Is this still the case with a PC installed (specifically a PCIII)? I guess I just do not understand exactly how the inlet temp will contribute to cooling system inefficiency?
rock.gif
Not trying to be a newb, just don't exactly understand.

Wow Johnny....what's behind that outburst???

The logic behind this mod is sound...never said I invented it....just took some pics to help others out who may want to preform the same...or is it you who dictates what they can and can't do with their busa's???

What would you have them do Johnny???...add fans???...manual fan switchews?
rock.gif
....to help drain their batteries and charging systems???....or???....change out thermostates???...like a dog chasing it's tail???

Or...simply fix the root cause???

Sorry...but you weren't very nice to me either...which imho was very wrong of you..especially on my first week here.

But my oh my...my chum certainly appears to have brought the big fish to the top.
laugh.gif

I certainly hope we can get along better in the future Johnny and...

L8R, Bill.
cool.gif
I don't think anyone is suggesting that the ecm controls the temp guage using readings from the AIT sensor. Coolant temp sensor might come into play there. I don't know for certain with a Busa, but the AIT sensor on a car has nothing to do with the temp gauge. Of course most cars have a coolant temp sensor for the engine management, and a separate sender for the gauge/warning light. Guess I need to atleast take a look at the shop manual for my bike. A lean condition can contribute to a temp problem however. One would hope that Suzuki has taken the convective heating of the AIT into consideration when calibrating the ECM/AIT sensor. Then again, in the grand scheme of what technology is out there right now, engine management on even today's injected bikes is actually kinda primitive.

<!--EDIT|bronc3
Reason for Edit: None given...|1111632517 -->

I still want to know how the Air intake sensor makes the water temp guage read hot?
rock.gif
?
still can't answer this?
rock.gif
?
why? because you lied!
He's saying the ecu is getting a false reading from the sensor which causes it to lean out the fuel mixture. The lean fuel mixture then causes the overheating.

Personally I'm not buying it as the sensor and/or ecu will have a set limit somewhere and even at that maximum limit the engine would never run so lean as to overheat the engine till the temp gauge hits red.

Also how does one explain all the people who have never had their Busa overheat even in the worst conditions?

rock.gif

AIT leaning out the engine in traffic won't overheat the bike, but a lean condition can contribute to it. Relocating the AIT could help, but it won't fix a temp problem if something is wrong with the cooling system. Sure can't hurt, though.

If anybody has any questions your just dumb!!!!

Awsome post - hell thats better than having the repair manual!!

Good job

Thanks,
Patrick

Flipping on my ridiculous little fan switch gets the temp down to a 'normal' zone in about in about 90 seconds, then I turn it off if I want. For the few times I've been in the worst of traffic (a la Daytona), it's worked great. Otherwise I don't think the bike has a cooling issue when you consider sitting on smoldering asphalt with a motor running that's bundled up in full fairings isn't smart either. The engine cools down quickly when moving even at the slowest of speeds.

Johnnycheese,
For someone that claims to be so friggin smart you sure do ask stupid questions. No post that I have read claims the Air Intake Sensor makes the water temp gauge read hot. Bill has explained ( quite well I might add ) how a false reading of the air sensor caused by its location in the airbox may cause the ECM to put the air fuel ratio in a lean condition which would cause the bike to run hotter. He did not spell this part out, which is apparently where you got lost, but someone with a basic knowledge of internal combustion engine function would know that as the temp of the engine increases the temp of the liquid circulating through it trying to dissipate that heat will also rise. This coolant temp is measured and displayed on the Temp gauge. When the coolant get too hot a light comes on showing the operator that the engine heat is too great and it is in a state of Overheating. That wasn't too hard to follow now was it?

He never claimed to invent the theory ( as you said he did )
He never said this could be the ONLY reason your bike could overheat.
He never said there Couldn't be other issues.
He NEVER mentioned ANYTHING about using a TRE
He never said the Incoming Air Temp Sensor was in control
of the water temp gauge
and finally there was nothing "Scary" about his post

The answer to your "question" was easily found within his post when combined with basic engine theory of operation. If you can't follow the logic then simply shut up. I am tired of your snide comments and basic bad attitude. If you have nothing to contribute other than the same old tired BS you constantly dish out then please refrain from posting as I would rather not waste my time reading it. Have a wonderful day.
smile.gif

<!--EDIT|MoosesBusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1111728429 -->

Back