How to do a headlight toggle switch

jbusa80

Registered
What is the proper way to install a toggle switch for my headlight? Can I just cut into the ground wire for the headlight and throw a switch on that line or is there a more correct way to do this?

thanks

That is pretty much how you do it. Are you installing HID's? If so, you want to install the switch on the ground so you are not putting the high start up voltage through the switch.

No, HID's. I just have the silverstar ultra headlight. Can't spend the money on quality HID's right now. Thanks.

super duper old thread I know, but I do have something for this if there is interest.
99-XX Hayabusa Headlight On/Off Switch

1607368556274.png

super duper old thread I know, but I do have something for this if there is interest.
99-XX Hayabusa Headlight On/Off Switch

View attachment 1630387
What you doing roaming around on old threads. You got parts to build. A new website, new products, and service tech. Did you finally quit your day job. Thanks Greg for your quick response to all my emails over the years. And your patience, every problem I had was my fault. That has to be frustrating. You have changed the industry with your products. Thank you

What you doing roaming around on old threads. You got parts to build. A new website, new products, and service tech. Did you finally quit your day job. Thanks Greg for your quick response to all my emails over the years. And your patience, every problem I had was my fault. That has to be frustrating. You have changed the industry with your products. Thank you
LOL just trying to have some fun with some new stuff :) will have my day job

Thanks for the kind words :)

@smithabusa I have a question maybe you can help with. The best turbo builder in Canada can not. The supposed best turbo builder in the U.S. can not. The best turbo builder in Europe (Germany) can not. It maybe as simple as a bad AMS1000. IDK.
Bike:
2010 Busa RCC Ultra 550 turbo w/total motor build.
AMS1000.
Ran fine for 9 years.
With all hooked up...it dies at any/all RPM and gear.
Displays error code 040.
Disconnect AMS,no code,does not die.
OEM digital gear position display indicator is erratic w/ AMS disconnected.
With AMS connected,GPD shows/reads accurate,but motor dies at any given RPM or gear.
AMS shows fault display when connected. Reads fault with sensor. Sensor replaced.... x2.
Open to any ideas or suggestions.
The texas guy is friends with a guy I dont like. (politics) What bullshi7 amoung bikers. No help there. The guy who built my bike...Richard,owner of RCC Turbo doesn't have the answer and trucking my bike 2000 miles [to him] at this point in time is not reality.
Ideas? Suggestions? Open to all, thanks,
Rubb.

@smithabusa I have a question maybe you can help with. The best turbo builder in Canada can not. The supposed best turbo builder in the U.S. can not. The best turbo builder in Europe (Germany) can not. It maybe as simple as a bad AMS1000. IDK.
Bike:
2010 Busa RCC Ultra 550 turbo w/total motor build.
AMS1000.
Ran fine for 9 years.
With all hooked up...it dies at any/all RPM and gear.
Displays error code 040.
Disconnect AMS,no code,does not die.
OEM digital gear position display indicator is erratic w/ AMS disconnected.
With AMS connected,GPD shows/reads accurate,but motor dies at any given RPM or gear.
AMS shows fault display when connected. Reads fault with sensor. Sensor replaced.... x2.
Open to any ideas or suggestions.
The texas guy is friends with a guy I dont like. (politics) What bullshi7 amoung bikers. No help there. The guy who built my bike...Richard,owner of RCC Turbo doesn't have the answer and trucking my bike 2000 miles [to him] at this point in time is not reality.
Ideas? Suggestions? Open to all, thanks,
Rubb.
how is the AMS being supplied power and ground? The idle control valve i think is c40, sounds like the AMS being present is upsetting that circuit somehow, wondering if it is pulling a ton of current or something. What fault are you seeing on the AMS? Try hooking the AMS directly to battery + and terminals, or even try hooking it to a separate power source isolated from the bike (different battery for testing purposes).

I found this:

So that unit is dependent on the gear position sensor signal? Is the GPS clean?

<What happens internally if the AMS sees "gear number N/A / out of bounds"?>

Is it an available option and a safe change to shut off per-gear mode to test?

Back