How much top end loss?

Klutch556

Registered
Gen2 bike with a 240 rear and -1+2 sprockets.
Also does overall weight affect top end or just acceleration?
How much top end would we be losing here?
I THINK it would be about 12 mph but I don’t really understand how to use that gearing commander site lol

I've been told weight doesn't effect max speed but it does have an impact on acceleration. I guess as long as you have enough distance to travel and the motor has enough power to pull the load from a stop, the motor will reach it's max rpm if all other forms of resistance remain constant.

Gen2 bike with a 240 rear and -1+2 sprockets.
I THINK it would be about 12 mph but I don’t really understand how to use that gearing commander site lol
It will take several highly skilled mathematicians and physicists a couple hours to get the exact number. You would need the bikes top end before mods then work backwards.The tire size shouldn't matter unless the 240 is shorter or taller than the stock tire.The contact patch size could play a part in the equation. Acceleration will suffer with the 240 as you have more rotating mass. The effects of that will be offset with the gearing change.Acceleration improvement,top end loss.There are some variables to be considered as well.
Let me get my calculator,BRB.

Rubb.

I've been told weight doesn't effect max speed but it does have an impact on acceleration. I guess as long as you have enough distance to travel and the motor has enough power to pull the load from a stop, the motor will reach it's max rpm if all other forms of resistance remain constant.
In theory perhaps. It will take much much longer for a 1 ton vehicle to reach the same speed as one at half the weight assuming all else is equal.Areodynamics etc. It could be a theory near impossible to prove thou.
The test requires 2 objects identical in every way except 1 is heavier.Hard to duplicate.BUT...dropping 2 objects from height will see the heavier object achieve a higher velocity.
Where the heck is Bill Nye the Science Guy when we need him.
Rubb.

In theory perhaps. It will take much much longer for a 1 ton vehicle to reach the same speed as one at half the weight assuming all else is equal.Areodynamics etc. It could be a theory near impossible to prove thou.
The test requires 2 objects identical in every way except 1 is heavier.Hard to duplicate.BUT...dropping 2 objects from height will see the heavier object achieve a higher velocity.
Where the heck is Bill Nye the Science Guy when we need him.
Rubb.
Bill Nye didn't do so well during that episode of "Stargate Atlantis" he was in....:lol:

I use gearing commander also Ken . However though it's not spot on . The rpms shown for my configuration are off by several hundred rpms .

18/43 17/45 Are just ratios, I guess it's unlikely for with a high school education post 1950 to be able to do the math with pencil and paper. The close enough gearing commander will have to do...

LOL

cheers
ken

Reactions: c10
Back