How many

What are you guys doing for helmets? Are you painting, wearing basic black, or have you found a color scheme close to the 40th's burnt orange?

I cannot find it on the Shoei site but in the Dennis Kirk catalog they list a Z-II (or a TZ-1?) helmet that is "metallic amber" and looks like it must be to match the Zuk metallic burnt copper but unless I saw one in person I could not say for sure.

I use an Arai Quantum F with the raptor sheme that is black background with silver tribal markkings and a bird that goes from yellow to orange to red. Wild and kind of matches. My other helmet is a solid black Shoei X-Tec.

That's cool Mad_otter.  How long did they say it would take to get there?
Not sure at this point, as I have a unique situation, but I'm hoping it comes in by Christmas!

Not that it really matters; riding season's over...
sad.gif

Mad_Otter
I'm sure you'll take 'er for some short rides if the roads are clear when it gets there  
biggrin.gif
 When I first got mine I spent a lot of time checking it out in the garage (when I was to tired to actually ride any longer).  And of course you will have to bring every person you know in to see it ......

I think I'm going to chrome whats not already black. Maybe some ghost flames. I'll keep you updated.

Thanks EAK, I have seen that Shoei next to the 40th and its very close. I have always liked that Raptor and have considered that as well.

I HAVE A BUSA,

Check your email!

I had a few questions about your Powder Coating.

Thanks,

Josh
cool.gif

I got mine August 22. What a great bike. Mine is stock. I have hand polished the stock cans since this pic was taken. I want to ad the undertail, and the hugger.

copperone.jpg

black is the key to the 40th ann edition besides less cleaning more riding!!! black is best.

Ghost flames are on the way. Along with exhaust and PC3R. Too bad i don't have a digital camera I'd post some pics.
evil.gif

Check out 18889chrome.com there in orlando about 1 mile down the street from where the magic play the are really nice guys and the got everything for a busa especially if you want chrome they will swap it out that day except for the frame obviously but they have track swingarms the 250 swingarm conv kit and the air ride suspension if your ever in the area check em out
here is what she looked like may 21 when i got her i had them throw in the frame sliders, bra, and shoei pascall helmet in cause i was a nice guy

joesbike.jpg

Picked my 40th up today!!! My first hypersport bike. Been on a harley way to long. I picked the 40th cause I like the blacked out frame and the solid color. The burnt orange is growing on me.

New to the site but I got mine on Dec. 21,2003 brand new 12 miles had the chrome wheels done before I brought her home.But I really like the black foopegs they look sharp...1 pic included can send more if needed....
beerchug.gif

Back