how many use alienware computers?

I don't currently but I worked in a lab that used them. Let me rephrase, I worked for a company that had a lab that used them. I used them during lunch to game. The company was testing using 1st person and other gaming simulators to be used as training devices. They are some of the best gaming platforms you can get.
Posted via Mobile Device

They a good PC/laptop for someone who can't build their own. Just like anything,occasionally a bad apple is made. But that's to be expected. There are many companies that put out a nice PC. Most all gaming PC's use same hardware. So it boils down to price. Look at what parts are being used and then you can price them out at Newegg.com - Computer Parts, PC Components, Laptop Computers, Digital Cameras and more! and also get some reviews on the parts inside the PC for a better idea on what you are buying.

I keep wanting one, then I end up buying a more powerful system for less when it comes to laptops, or just building my own.

Love their whole *shtick* but there's a pretty decent premium on them. I've heard nothing but positive reviews, it's just that you are paying a lot for the slick chassis and marketing.

FWIW, YMMV...

i eneded up buying used, one pc which i have heavy modified since, two harddrives. 2 dvd players. 4 gb ram, she is fast and sweet now. turns out to be the best pc i have ever had after doing some modding to it. i have the m7700 laptop also, never use it, it has two harddrives/ two dvd drives. probally faster than the pc if i ever took it out and used it.

Thats awsome joseph you have the m7700 those things rukle i wanted one for the longest time just so damn expensive. Im stuck with this old Hp that will poewr itself off at random when it feels like it lol oh well one day ill gt somethiing that stays on until i turn it off.

Im looking at Alienware, XPS and Ibuypower, computers config and compare the pricing. I gearing towards the XPS computer Im using it towards gaming.

Loomis.

They a good PC/laptop for someone who can't build their own. Just like anything,occasionally a bad apple is made. But that's to be expected. There are many companies that put out a nice PC. Most all gaming PC's use same hardware. So it boils down to price. Look at what parts are being used and then you can price them out at Newegg.com - Computer Parts, PC Components, Laptop Computers, Digital Cameras and more! and also get some reviews on the parts inside the PC for a better idea on what you are buying.

Newegg is definitely the way to go. And by building it yourself you only get programs you want.

To be honest Alienware makes decent PC's. But instead of spending that kinda cash on something that will be outdated soon anyways, why not build your own.

Mine is comparable if not better than Alienware and it cost a whole lot less.

BUILD YOUR OWN trust me... You get what you want for less money.

Current config:

Blue Full Tower w/7 cooling fans -- Don't member the brand... had this case for years now.
XFX 780i nforce motherboard
Q6600 intel 775(1333FSB edition) w/ ASUS cooltower CPU cooler <-- possibly soon to be an i7
2 x BFG 8800 GTX 768MB
4GB Corsair Dominator PC2 8000 @ 1066mhz SLI mode
Sound Blaster FX Extreme Platinum
5 x 250GB SATA II
16x DVD burner
40x CD-rom
Toughpower 850watt PS
24" 1080p hd monitor
27" 1080p hd monitor
5.1 surround
Logitech mx1000 True Laser mouse
Saitek gaming keyboard
1TB NAS backup

picked up the second monitor since this pic was taken.
Picture-1.jpg

i have decided to sell or trade my alienware m7700, this unit is past fully loaded.
it has 4 gb ram 3.4 proccessor. 2 yes two 160 gb harddrives.
two dvd players and copiers. almost mint conditon.
comes with two bricks on 11 map one 9 amp both work battery holds around 1 1/5 hour chrage. loaded with software and movies. from office xp to sisandra tuneup 09 and tons of other stuff. it has a 6800 gforce video card, with the 3d titantic screen saver, very loud, she is heavy not for the weak to handle. comes with steel case and cds, homemae respawn, hp recover and acronis recovery disk. around 30 pounds total for this monster. i want wither 700 cash or will trade for i if do not get into trouble a colt python 6 inc st or nickel or 44 andaconda. no trades for other comptuers i dont need any more this one sets in the closed, has not been used by me other than load softwar on it/ os extreme fast, beautiuful. questions email me at thepushercg1981@aol. a lot faster answer than p.m.
heres some pics also comes with a camera, sorry if in the wrong area, i thought i would put it here since i decided just to part ways with it.

IMG_7286.jpg

IMG_7287.jpg

IMG_7288.jpg

IMG_7289.jpg

IMG_7290.jpg

Last edited:
I suggest you build your own, thats what we did.

ps. Mark is too cheap to buy another lcd

DSC00423.jpg

Also, if you're looking to build a new pc, a really nice, inexpensive case I'd recommend is the Antec 700

Last edited:
Back