How many miles is too many miles??

ZosoBusa01

Registered
I have an 01 w/ 18k miles on it. I just bought it and was wondering when I would need to rebuild the engine, or bore and stroke it. Basically I'm going to dawg the living hell out of it at the track and maybe do some back tire roasting on some country roads. Guy has a direct port? 50 shot going directly into the throttle body and I dont know if it can handle it...I'm a rookie, any help would be awesome. Thanks!

Oh, he only ran the NOS twice, but it broke lose in 3rd gear and it scared the hell out of him, so he didnt hit the bottle anymore.

We have some 100K babies on here, but if it's been dawged who knows. Maintenance would play into that too.

i have a 2k1 and it just past 30k miles and i havent had 1 issue. just usual 3000 miles oil change, spark plugs every 10k, valve job every 15k and its been good as mile 1

My 05 has over 30K
SHOCKED.gif

Wow, I dont feel so bad now. Thanks! Oh, and what exactly would a valve job call for? I doubt its ever had one, whats the price on that? What does it do? Like I said, I'm a rookie.

a valve inspection is called for at 15,000 but most never need any adjustment but it still should be checked the valves can tighten over time and that's not good not sure what it costs but maybe 200 I'm guessing to inspect and adjust

'04 w/47K+ and I put on about about 130 miles a day commuting to work and back. No issues serious issues with very regular maintenance. I noticed that I started eating oil around 25K, though it's slow and I just add half a quart every couple weeks.

--jesse

03 just turned over 35,000 miles. Regular maintenance and lots of damn tires and you should be good to go!

--Wag--

Back