How many miles on bike?

MidnightBusainSD

Busa Rancher
Donating Member
Registered
Alright just wanted to check and see what kinda miles are on your guys bikes? and what kinda mods and how do you ride?

The reason i'm asking is i just ran into problems with my bike at 11,000 miles if some of ya hadn't read already the mechaic is sure it spun a rod bearing so now i'm in a bit of a delima should i fix my bike or sell it and get something completely diffrent i don;t really wana but the cost of rebuilding my bike and making it better is almost as much as another bike i ride mine hard some but alotta highway miles and few wheelies and i always have the oil changed on time but with this happening and doing some talking i don;t wana rebuild my bike and go 10,000 to 15,000 and have to have it done again cause i average over 10,000 miles on a bike a year.

So let me know what you guys got for miles and if there been any major problems and what they wa or if none and your mods i don;t know mabey i just pushed my bike more then i think or mabey i just had a bad bike right?
thanks everyone :beerchug:

Around 125 right now. I have been in school since I bought my busa though. I'm done with my class so I have more time to ride. I plan on stacking 'em on now.  :D

Ooops. Don't guess I read the whole question before responding. Don't guess my mileage applies to the intent of your question. Sorry...

I've ridden a bit over 6000 on mine since Aug of last year. Overall I'd say I am easy on my bike. No probelms with the bike mechanically. Most of the miles saw Yoshi slip-ons and a KandN filter, but otherwise stock. I don't think that Busa's are ordinarily prone to problems. You might have some really bad luck with this bike, but wouldn't have any problems with another Busa. There are certainly some guys on here who log many more miles than that without incident. But hey, if you are ready to try something else for a while, now is a great time and you have a great excuse. You can always come back to the Busa flock later if you want, but in the meantime wouldn't it be better to have a ride -- any ride -- than nothing at all?
:)

Just a few miles shy of 29K right now. '99, 'mostly' stock. No major problems. It has had a few bugs, being the first model year, but no problems.

Just over 12000 and no major problems on my 2000. What year is your bike and is it still under warrenty? If so let Suzuki fix it.

Just comin up on 15K. I ride about avg I think, I dont red line every ride but still push it now and then. I change oil regularly ( synthetic ) and have only changed plugs once. Thats about it. Sorry for your loss. :sad:

my bikes a 02 and the warranty had run out on the bike already so i'm kinda stuck there i was curious as to some of the other guys with over boars and turbos how there motors are doing cause if i do rebuild i do plan for an over boar and making it better it's either make it bullet proof or junk it i figure granted making it bullet proof is almost the cost of a new bike :0

I've got an '02 with 12,200 miles. Put all of that on since June of last year. I've had no problems at all thus far, knock on wood! I do push it hard accelerating from stop's and a few high speed runs once in a while, but no wheelie's or burnouts.

only havc about 7500 hundred on a 1999 model. I ride on nice weather only days so it cuts alot of time out for me living in Fl.

25,000+ miles on a stock 02. I ride medium hard. No wheelies, a few stoppies. Lotsa curves on weekends. I commute on her too. Only problem I've had is keeping rubber on her. She needs new tires every other month. Was it me, I'd fix her up.
Just my 2 cents.

10k here on my 02. No problems at all. If you lived closer I know a guy who would rebuild her for next to nothing. He did my 95 Rf900 cheap and got his discount on the parts. (he is a mechanic at a bike shop):(

Well the more i think about it the more i think i rebuild it but i wana go bigger not that i'm not satisfied with stock but since i gotta tear it down i just as well do more :D but which route to go is where im at now more or less do an overboar or drop the compresion and do turbo. granted some reliablity issuse i have to ask my self i have heard some people say on overboar to go with a smaller one cause they will last longer so this is why i ponder dropping compression and doing the trubo cause well i know of several turbo cars that have over 100,000 miles on them with no probs and they was driven hard also who knows i have the winter to tink about it :blush:

Back