Votes: 7 8.6%
  • Almost NEVER

Votes: 36 44.4%

• Total voters

Justyntym

The Pessimistic Optimist
Donating Member
Registered
Not bashing just a curiosity, Part 1 is how often do you actually see an LEO patroling
your street. Now I understand, were not home 24hrs a day or sit outside
counting but just for fun...let's just see what we come up with.

I have a constant supply of leo's going by, so any crooks looking to visit, you better have a parking pass.. I mean you gotta phone ahead to even drive up the street there are so many LEO's coming and going....

I'm one of three that live on the block (one on each end and I'm in the middle) so I will refrain from voting as we keep a pretty good eye on the area. I will also add the neighborhood stays real quiet and I can't remember the last time anyone had a theft or burglary in the area. :beerchug:

You didn't have NEVER as an answer. Other than my next door neighbor coming and going never have LEO in the neighborhood unless someone calls them My neighbor works in a different juristiction than we live in.

It's funny I got one that lives on my street but I NEVER see the cars move.
Everywhere I go...the sheriff car just sits there. I mean 100% of the time
Maybe it's just a hologram :lol: That would be an effective deterent.

As far as getting over it...wonderful, let's not think maybe there is a better or
more effective procedure, or change public opinion, or think outside the box
lets just accept the stupidity as it is and move on
Unfortunately, that happens all over the world.

How could citizens not notice an increase in patrols...
How could it NOT reduce crime...
and if anything it would cut down response time...

Seems to defy logic. ???

How could citizens not notice an increase in patrols...
How could it NOT reduce crime...
and if anything it would cut down response time...

Seems to defy logic. ???

Yes it does defy logic, I agree. I had one class in college on patrol functions and the whole class centered around this study. I would have to go into a whole lot of boring detail to explain it but there are better, more effective ways to get the job done.

Believe it or not, many crimes are solved and prevented by officers making the oh so hated traffic stop.

6 to 7 times or MORE a day :thumbsup:! Well, maybe that's because one State Trooper, 2 Deputy Sheriffs and 3 Local Police (2 motorcycle Cops) have to drive by to get home :laugh:. And "OH YEAH" , several come by most weeks to stop by while I'am working on my Bikes or POKING:poke: FUN at me if the Wif-ie has me working in the Yard :cursin: (I HATE YARD WORK :cry: ) !!!!!!

Yeah we have a county sheriff that lives right down the street from us, plus, i usually see police at least AROUND all the time. Of course, I live in a small town with very little crime. I wonder if there's a connection there...:whistle:

6 to 7 times or MORE a day :thumbsup:! Well, maybe that's because one State Trooper, 2 Deputy Sheriffs and 3 Local Police (2 motorcycle Cops) have to drive by to get home :laugh:. And "OH YEAH" , several come by most weeks to stop by while I'am working on my Bikes or POKING:poke: FUN at me if the Wif-ie has me working in the Yard :cursin: (I HATE YARD WORK :cry: ) !!!!!!

well if they live next door, that doesn't really count as patrolling

Sure it does. Once I leave the driveway it's game on. There isn't anything that says I have to be a certain distance from home to take enforcement action on something I see.

Yeah it does, if you live in a Small Town in the Oklahoma Prarrie :laugh:

Ya got to understand, the longest distance from one side to the other side of my town is only 4.5 miles :thumbsup: . So, no matter where they are, they're patrolling. And here that includes, even getting a BIG MAC :rofl:

Sure it does. Once I leave the driveway it's game on. There isn't anything that says I have to be a certain distance from home to take enforcement action on something I see.

no it doesn't :poke: :laugh:
I understand what your saying as being on the job but your not driving
down that street as part of a departmental patrol route or directive...
your just going from where you live to point A. :whistle:

Believe it or not, many crimes are solved and prevented by officers making the oh so hated traffic stop.

Exactly right, there was a big meth bust in a neighboring county last week...the car was pulled for a routine traffic stop...they had meth, Oxycontin, and other narcotics on board...:poke:

That's to funny, I learned many years ago that you can't police in your hood. Golf Cart warning nearly caused a riot. Neighbors got together and elected my idiot neighbor to give me a call.

You police your entire jurisdiction, but you can't really police in your hood.

Exactly right, there was a big meth bust in a neighboring county last week...the car was pulled for a routine traffic stop...they had meth, Oxycontin, and other narcotics on board...:poke:

A lot of meth labs are mobile labs in the trunks of cars.

Okay, I never see a patrol vehicle in my neighborhood. Once in awhile you have a home alarm activate.

I patrol in a small town. On certain days I'm it. The town like mentioned earlier is probably 5 miles across. My response times are typically 2 to 3 minutes from dispatch.

I run traffic in my spare time. I find lots of drunks, alcohol, drugs, and criminals with warrants or suspended license. I've even recovered a few stolen vehicles.

Traffic is a tremendous law enforcement tool.

Back