how many BUSA owners wear a 1/2 helmet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TAZEONE

Registered
full hat or half?

I thought about getting a half cap for the summer time, but I wanted to hear all opinions bout them.

<!--EDIT|TAZEONE
Reason for Edit: None given...|1076392476 -->

Sometimes I wear a half to run to the corner store and back. I wouldn't ride anywhere more than a block from the house without a full face. On the other hand, most accidents happen within 1 mile of the house...
If you're like me, you like to twist that throttle alot. Go with a full face helmet. My shoei RF900 is hot when I stop, but it's pretty cool with the vents open and air screaming by. Another thing to consider is this: Even with shades on, your eyes are going to be watering big time with the half lid. The shield really makes all the difference. You don't want to look like one of those guys who ride those big, fat, V-Twin, American made bikes do you??tounge.gif

I thought only squids did stuff like that?

full face rf900.. even if i'm going to the mailbox

full face only ...protect all of it not half of it... check out the ICON halo around $200 buck looks good to

i either go full face or no helmet. before i start getting flamed, i oly go without a helmet on trips of like a mile or less, or in daytona when it's bumper to bumper traffic. i have had a few half helmets for when i used to ride my harley into states withhelmet laws, and the wind noise created from the straps is deafening at highway speeds, i wouldnt do it

I always wear full helmet on the busa. When I am riding my friend harley I wear a novelty helmet.

I have a Soumy Zaus Helmet for long rides and messing around, but I bought an HJC Syncrotec with the flip up face for town and I like it a great deal. Lets you breath at the lights. Shoei makes one as well.

Full face everytime all the time. Even if it weren't for the wind making your eyes water, just think about a bug hitting your face at any speed.

Can you say OUCH!!

I don't usually wear a helmet when I ride my Harley. I don't go anywhere on the busa nor my SV without a full face helmet. And I don't care to explain myself. There is no explanation.

Boils down to this. There is no logical reason not to wear a helmet on a bike. Nor is there not to in a car, riding a bicycle, walking up or down stairs, taking a shower, or any other activity that risks a head injury. Manage your risks, do what you feel comfortable doing, considering the risks involved.

And I don't care to explain myself.  

Boils down to this.  There is no logical reason not to wear a helmet on a bike.  Nor is there not to in a car, riding a bicycle, walking up or down stairs, taking a shower, or any other activity that risks a head injury.  Manage your risks, do what you feel comfortable doing, considering the risks involved.
um.... okay. I won't ask about the rhetoric in THAT one. all_coholic.gif all_coholic.gif

all_coholic.gif

UM Half a Brain....Half a Helmet... Just make certain it's freakin Chrome &quot;Just Like the Biker Boyz&quot; if you really want the full on &quot;Cannot form my own thoughts look&quot;....Or the &quot;I'm a slave to MTv culture&quot; look...

Sorry...I think that was a bit harsh, but a Half Helmeted rider on a sportbike just looks goofy... Plain goofy...
On a Harley Type a bike...maybe not so bad... Otherwise...

A more practical reason to stick with the full face lid is injury protection, something like 70% of those that hit the asphalt, hit their face.

I have personally seen it twice, big as life face plants off a sportbikes... Thank goodness for full face helmets... Besides, buy a quality full face helmet and you will actually be more comfortable than having your grill exposed to the sun/wind/spit/roadgrime/bugs/cigarette butts etc....

Also a majority of accidents are at low speed.   A head hitting the pavement at 25mph can still crack your skull.  Each to their own.  wow.gif

I always wear a full face helmet.

<!--EDIT|Ninja Eater
Reason for Edit: None given...|1077719838 -->

RF 900 always.Knew this guy when i was still a kid.Going to the corner store be right back,nah dont need it for this trip putting to the store before dinner.Gravel uuuup down he goes.Bumped his head at aprox 20 miles per hour and a rugged cus he was.The brain swelling continued for about a week before it won the battle.

<!--EDIT|SHODA
Reason for Edit: None given...|1078792885 -->

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back