Voting for 99-02 owners only.

Voting for 99-02 owners only. - Reference bad starters.

• I haven't done a thing.

Votes: 36 100.0%
  • I bought some cheap fixes(<$100) before it goes.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I bought the more expensive fixes(>$100) before it goes.

• The starter blew up on me, had to repair.

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Charlesbusa

Used to be a SoCal Busa
Donating Member
Registered
I very interested in how many busas have blown the starters vs. the busas that are fine.  1999-2002 models only!!!

If you started to have problems then got them fixed before it blew or planning to fix it before next ride on the bike. Still vote that it blew up, had to repair. I want to find out how many have actually had this problem happen and how many or fixing it before any problems start.

<!--EDIT|Charlesbusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1100194034 -->

I've only had it a couple of weeks, so I haven't done anything with the starter yet. I am going to get the sleeve that protects the case to start with. cool.gif

02 started having problems with the starter kicking back...Got it replaced with ext. warranty...Put an 03 model starter on and cover...No out of pocket expense for me...So how should I vote??? evil.gif

I voted that it blew up and I had to repair...But the previous post explains... evil.gif

I havent done anything yet .... though I'm concerned that I might be facing some fixes here shortly if the battery isnt my problem sad.gif

my 01 is running strong havent had any starter probs, well every blue moon it starts a little weak but i didnt hear of any kind of probs on teh 01. I know its off subject but hey Green Dragon do u have a photo gallery for your bike? Cant really see it in your avatar

02 started having problems with the starter kicking back...Got it replaced with ext. warranty...Put an 03 model starter on and cover...No out of pocket expense for me...So how should I vote???  evil.gif
You voted correctly.  Guess I could have put another line for voting or clarified it.  Just curious as to who has actually encountered the problems and who is fixing/not fixing it before problems occur.

Since I can't edit the poll choices, I edited my first post to clarify the voting choices.

<!--EDIT|Charlesbusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1100194162 -->

I was aware of the issue sometime ago but did not take any action to correct it...I believe that most will either wait until a symtom is noticed or complete failure before making a upgrade... evil.gif

I was aware of the issue sometime ago but did not take any action to correct it...I believe that most will either wait until a symtom is noticed or complete failure before making a upgrade...  evil.gif
I knew about this prob. a while ago also, it just seems like its happening to everyone when a recent post hits. Wanted to know how many actually have had the problem versus everyone who has had no probs. I figured this problem happened to just a small percentage of busas.

Mine started to slip grab-slip- grab--did not grenade--new sprage assm, free---now all that's needed is a HD Batt from some where----i know where but can't spell right now.. blush.gif
BTW it's an 01 with 18k

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back