How Many Are There??

OB_Bob

Registered
I don't understand the serial number break down very well. But, someone posted that the last four digits of the serial number are what matters.
Mine is 4006. Does this mean that if others post theirs we can figure out how many of these machines were made?
I am not sure it begins at 1000 or 2000???
But, lets post em and figure it out.
I open with 4006 (5/99 build date)
Bob

[This message has been edited by Bob (edited 21 July 1999).]

Yes the last 4 is you serial number, I have seen high 4000's here in the US, I understand that the UK got 1500, the rest of Europe 1000, far east another 1000.

Guess there might be 7500 world wide for the 99 production year. Then again I could be way off.

Mine's 3139 built 4/99. I put a deposit on it in Dec 98 and didn't get it until June. I think my dealer hasn't got much pull.

No engine cut-outs but that pesky 5/6 false neutral for sure.

tim

well, mine is 158 or 168, can't remember. east coast u.s. but i have a question for all you busa owners out there. how come a bike is advertised by it's manufacturer as a 1298cc bike and on all the frame stickers i've seen around here state that it's a 1299 cc bike? hmmmm. just curious.
mike
p.s. mine is running like poop. i have a serious cut off problem and now it has no power at all. my old 91 gsxr stock coulda outran it. i mean, it won't even lift the front wheel in first gear if i hit the throttle HARD. now you guys know SOMETHING is wrong. don't know what, but i can rule out the ecu. had that replaced and made no difference.

Hiabuser - what all have you done to your Busa as far as mods, tuning, etc? I know I should remember from the various posts you've made but it's hard to keep up with everyone - especially with so many doing so much lately. Maybe you could give a quick summary including total miles etc?

I've got number 1150 here in the US. It was #2 of about 14 that my dealer recieved. I think the owner of the dealership is in bed with someone from Suzuki.

Looks like Suzuki may have started close to 0000. If thats true my 4006 could mean so far there is at least 4000 + of these machines have been made. For the two of you that posted questions regarding the 5-6 false neutral and high speed cut-out read the posts these issues are here.
Bob

oke guys,here it is the lucky machine with number #1313 ,oeps maybe this time it means "very muchs luck" because it is a 1300 cc bike i hope so!!!!for now it runs like hell ,no problems at all 6500 km on now,pirelli [for 3500 km]at the back is very good never had a tyre that last so long under this haya busa conditions ,drive very muchs under that new system cald L I S hehehe!![lol].front tyre must be thanced now
greatings from holland jan

jan,
i was in holland last june for the TT,
love your country!
i have some family in eindhoven.
when i come back we must have a beer!

hee man blitz you where here in ASSEN at the TT,and did you had fun ?,i do every year having fun i mean ,they say ASSEN is something special ,and they mean the hole sphere,i like watching the many german and danisch ect,motorbikers going to ASSEN. here in the north people are standing at every crossing or places where the bikes must stand still or slow down because everybody wants too see wheelies or burnouts that time or that two days everybody likes bikes especialie fastbikes the rest of the year you wont hear the most of them i have never understud that the hole year i make wheelies every body says he,s a mad man and at the TT i am there hero!! hehehe[lol]

so blitz youre famely lives in EINDHOVEN ,i live in a little place cald SCHEEMDA in the state [hehehe lol]GRONINGEN 20 kliks from the german border or better the autobahn,
next year you ring me or mail me then .oke?
greatings to all jan

#3234 with a build date of 4/99. I have not had any problems yet. 5th to 6th is fine. Only complaint is that abrupt throttle response from low rpm. My R1 seemed to have a smoother powerband. Wonder if that can be fixed.

Back