how easy is it to.change the clutch cover out?

coreywiley

Registered
i want to switch out my oem cover for a clear cover. how easy is it to do and what all do it in tells? thanks

if you drain the oil first it it is just the fasteners you see on the side...i have reused the gasket with success a few times...if when you pull it apart the gasket delaminates...it is probably a good idea to replace it

On past bikes, if you have the bike on the kickstand, you don't need to drain the oil. Don't know if the same is true for the Busa..

I believe you have to cut the fairings to make the cover fit and show. Pulling the cover is simple, take the bolts out around the perimeter of the cover then pull it off, can't remember if theres dowel pins or not but check and reinstall if so. Lay a towel down under your area to stop stuff from bouncing and you'll lose a little oil so be prepared for that.

Set aside at least two days and be ready to buy some special tools; plus make your own.

First you need to take all the plastics off the bike, including the tail section. Take the fuel tank off, remove the valve cover and timing chain cover. Take the timing chain off, cams out, remove the head. After that you need to drain the coolant. Remove the oil pan but be careful because we need to reuse this oil that's in it. Make sure all the electrical is hooked up, turn the engine over a few times and it should click twice (You may have to try more than once). After that take the bolts off around the clutch cover, remove it, install a new gasket and put the new one on. Reverse the order to put it all back together.

Set aside at least two days and be ready to buy some special tools; plus make your own.

First you need to take all the plastics off the bike, including the tail section. Take the fuel tank off, remove the valve cover and timing chain cover. Take the timing chain off, cams out, remove the head. After that you need to drain the coolant. Remove the oil pan but be careful because we need to reuse this oil that's in it. Make sure all the electrical is hooked up, turn the engine over a few times and it should click twice (You may have to try more than once). After that take the bolts off around the clutch cover, remove it, install a new gasket and put the new one on. Reverse the order to put it all back together.

You forgot to change the swingarm bearings

I found it easier to drop the motor :whistle:

To the OP, best of luck, hopefully you'll get a good one that doesn't leak.

Back