aftermarket clutch cover

jsolo_357

Registered
trying some DIY mods to the bike. just changed to a clear stator cover. no problems, took about 45 mins. clutch cover a little different. how do i remove the little clear window where i check the oil level from the old clutch cover and install it in the aftermarket clear clutch cover? any answers/help will be greatly appreciated................................

Remove the sealant from the inside,then place a socket the size of the "window" on it and give it a couple whacks.From the outside in,of course.Its just a "press in fit" if I recall.

Its proper name is the "sight glass" I believe,if you wanted to do a search.

RSD.

thanx. is there a certain kind of sealant used for the install on the aftermarket cover?

I couldn't give you a brand name,but what you need to ask for at the parts store is:

I need a silicone that is hi-temp and impervious to oil,and something that will stick to my aftermarket cover,which I'm assuming is alluminum. Thats it.Nothing too special.

RSD.

RSD.

I removed it like this
DSC_002810_zps798d93f9.jpg

Mine looks like this, but I've had problems with it
DSC_00346_zpsd62f8417.jpg

The build quality of the Chinese cover is crappy. The cap doesn't fit on straight, hence there's a slow leak
IMAG0838_zpsd79b00a2.jpg

Hope yours isn't the same one!

The stuff I used to stick the window thingie in place is called Sikaflex

DSC_00339_zpsded3b9d8.jpg

DSC_00327_zps975d7731.jpg

Sucks about the leak Pan. Maybe a thicker o-ring? Tiny bit of silicone after each oil change? Wrap the threads in plumbers tape?

What brand of cover? So we can choose to stay away from if desired.

Chinese krap:crowbar:

RSD.

Mine was made by Pusher . He used to be on the board. He showed how to make them out of the stock covers somewhere I just can't find it . I got yellow plexi on mine and had the clutch cover powder coated yellow , been on there for about 5 years now.

101_5130.jpg

cover2.jpg

IMAG0433.jpg

Sucks about the leak Pan. Maybe a thicker o-ring? Tiny bit of silicone after each oil change? Wrap the threads in plumbers tape?

What brand of cover? So we can choose to stay away from if desired.

Chinese krap:crowbar:

RSD.

Thicker o-ring didn't work. It just got pinched and forced out one end. Didn't try plumber's tape.
Heat proof silicone did the trick!
The cover was about $80 delivered off eBay.

Sorry but those Chinese knock off covers are No Bueno :banghead: Your a brave man for attempting to make them work..... Im too paranoid to take a chance like that, I'd be going down to my garage in the middle of the night parking my busa under a white sheet inspecting it for leaks :laugh:

Works okay now, without leaks, but in hindsight I would've paid a bit extra and bought something better...

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi all, can any of the German, French or Dutch members of this forum recommend a good place to get a clear clutch cover (or window clutch cover).

im looking out for one but at a good price in the EU so far Ive seen crazy import options only.....

Cheers...

Back